QuittingAdderall.com Forums

was so close to relapsing tonight, on cigs...

sky

I was so close to relapsing tonight, on cigarettes... it has been 3 weeks sans cigs, and after a 5 day visit with family, a delayed flight, having to switch planes at the airport due to a broken plane, bla bla bla rough travels, I finally got to my car and was on the cigarette mission in my head... the kind where I started planning on what I was going to do, convinced myself to just get a pack, take out two, throw away the rest, and enjoy.... only I didn't. And I didn't in large part because of this forum. I know this ain't the Quitting Smoking forum, but what we all talk about, espouse, and the talk we walk kept me from doing it.... I was in my car, thinking of 7/11, and then I got myself off that train of thought, decided I'd regret it in the morning, decided I would start the smoking chain all over again if I had "just one, or two..." and decided I liked it a hell of a lot better now that I don't smoke, smoke weed, or take adderall... and told myself if I stopped thinking about it and thinking that cig would help calm my frustration and nerves and taste so good that that thought would go away, and it did.

So hurrfuckingah!

thanks ya'll.

Yoo brother sky how you dowing OK it sounds like. It jest takes that one fucken cigaret to start up smoking again. I know how hared it is quitting the nicotine habet its a real bitch stopping. I smoke my self and tried numerous times to stop butt with no luck so I stop trying to quit. I probably will never stop or maybe I will some day you never know don’t start up again if you do I will need to call you stupid keep the will power strong.

Your friend FALCON YOO bro you like my new picture.

Sky:

Reminds me of the Nicoderm commercial where the little band starts playing "I just want to celebrate" when the guy refuses a smoke. High five to you! All that stress would still made me crave a smoke too. The best thing you can do in those situations is delay, delay, and delay again the actual purchase of a pack (or lighting one up, if offered) until the craving passes, and get those cig thoughts out of your mind. I know, it is easier said than doing it. Got anyting you can reward yourself with for that stellar act of resistance?

For what its worth, here is how I look at it. I believe nicotine and adderall act on the same reward centers. That is one "why" I quit the cigs within a month of kicking adderall. Another reason I coupled them up is they are both harmful addictions and I yearned to be free of those self-destructive habbits. When you make one lifestyle change, might as make another one with minimal effort. #3 reason is that it could be years before you feel like quitting again, once you resume smoking. I quit for 2.5 years twelve years ago but started again when the addie addiction came on. And that brings up my final point, which is that I feel that somehow I would be more vulnerable to an addie relapse if I were to resume smoking, because, after all, nicotine is the master gateway drug. I wrote a post about a year ago entitled "does nicotine drive the speed train?" and it included a mini-poll. Cheers to ya, Sky, and here is to a new year free from cigs and adderall!

hey you guys, thanks! Definitely was one of those "triggers" that cause relapse if one's not careful.... family, travel, stress, hunger,... all adds up to that "just one..." thinking that quickly leads back to square one. I'm very grateful I didn't do it, and yes quit-once I was thinking the same thing- If I have the cig, then it'll be much easier to just smoke a bowl, etc etc... so having a strong craving and being on a mission but not going thru with it is great exercise in seeing you can do it, can get thru it, and can remain successfully quitting....... Falcon my man! nice new picture!

Does nicotine drive the speed train!!!!! Hysterical!!! Toot,toot...insert very fucked up visual I have of conductor mr.nicotine...;)...wow!!! We are not right....note the we!!!! I smoke insane amounts when using and I'm so into each and every one of em. Doing much better being clean..but that has to go too

And oh my God.....excercise!!!! A swear word to me in the past ....my gym had a child proof cap on it!!!! No more...and hey at 45 you don't have to let your shit all go to hell!!! So ill be looking for uggggghhh!!, work out tips.