QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Happy new year, here's to a 100% adderall free 2013

Greg

Happy new year everyone...I hope you all are having a better one then me. Like a person who has just flushed their adderall, I have been bedridden and miserable the last few days with the worst flu I have ever had...which seems to be getting worse every day..I do not even have the ability to watch the ball drop and I have been popping Percocet every four hours because its the only thing that can bring my fever under 100 degrees. I am worried because I know that Percocet is the most addictive pill on the planet...the horror stories I have read...more addictive than adderall...but it is helping to relieve me of these god awful symptoms. My doctor says to take it as needed, and I am needing two every four hours because the chills and sweats return.

Anyway, happy New Years everyone!! A virtual toast to all of you.

HERE'S TO A 100% ADDERALL FREE 2013!!!

(To all of you who still have pills and doctor enablers, you must be thinking what a great day to flush your pills and email or contact your docs...so what are you waiting for?)

Good God. Percocet as a fever reducer?! isn't there anything else you can take or do? Maybe just let the fever run its course? I guess it is OK for a few days but they don't call percocet and her big sister Oxycontin "hillbilly heroin" for nothin...

Best wishes to you for better health, and very soon.

I've never heard of Percocet as a fever reducer. That's crazy. Get well soon!

Thanks. It's been totally working as a fever reducer. Or, maybe the fever is still there, but I can just tolerate it better and ignore it. But when it wears off I get the chills and everything.

Actually..hmm.. The Percocet is made up of OxyContin and tylonel. So maybe it's just the tylonel that's reducing my fever. The reason I thought it was the OxyContin and not the tylonel is because I was taking something similar to tylonel, Advil and that was not working to reduce fever at alll..but I am not thinking straight. Maybe tomorrow I need to just go get extra strength tylonel and forget the Percocet,

Good God. Percocet as a fever reducer?! isn't there anything else you can take or do? Maybe just let the fever run its course? I guess it is OK for a few days but they don't call percocet and her big sister Oxycontin "hillbilly heroin" for nothin...

Best wishes to you for better health, and very soon.

I went to the hospital yeaterday at 3am because my throat is in SO MUCH PAIN and i couldn't take it anymore. I cant swallow or cough without excruciating sharp pain (that means I eat hardly anything even if there is appetite) and they injected me with dialudid, also known as hospital heroin. It SORT of helped but then it wore off and I was in pain again...

Blehh. Anyway, I guess i will take the percocet for now, but of course will not be refilling it once its finished. Man I hate the flu.

If you need it, use it and the high will be your fringe benefit. ;) I took a couple of bottles of percocet one time when I broke my back. About a week into it, I got tired of being high all the time and I couldn't think clearly. I was glad to get off of them. Be careful how you use them cuz I am not sure there is a "quitting percocet" website as good or friendly as this place is. Also don't forget the valuable lesson you learned from your adderall recovery experience, which is to make your recovery the number one priority right now. You are still InRecovery, but this time it is from an awful illness instead of a drug. :blush: My friend, I am sending some positive thoughts your way in hopes you will begin to kick this flu or whatever you have. Just curious - did you get a "flu shot" this year?

Thanks quit once for the positive thoughts. Please everyone send positive thoughts and hopefully collectively I'll get enough positive thoughts to help me kick this.

You know quit once, I make it a point to get the flu shot every.single.year except of course this year. And of course the one year I happen to forget my flu shot, this happens? Who would have thought right?!

Since opiates and I have a hate/hate relationship..I thought about if I.should chime in or not...when I met my husband we both had solid recovery from different drugs ...I remember him saying to me once....no grabbing me and getting an inch from my face and saying,"Heather if you ever go back out and use....promise me never opiates....they will steal your soul"....I would go on to see via his disease just what he meant. My husband is a hard core IV heroin user...when he told me the first time he went back.out for dope...I fell apart...I thought I kinda knew what we were gonna deal with....3 years later...we are at today,and let me tell you ..even I never could have imagined what it would go on to be....HOW FUCKING HORRIFIC IT WOULD GET!!! I will skip detailed gore...January -july 21 of 2012 was hell on earth..he did an armed robbery in January and was to be sentenced July 21...so when heroin gets bail and knows it has about 6 months to live....how ya think that'll go. IT BEYOND LEVELED WHAT WAS ONCE A GREAT APT,TWO GOOD JOBS, HOLIDAY DINNERS WITH FAMILY,TWO CARS,A CHILD WHO NEEDED HIS FATHER,A WIFE WHO NEEDED HER HUSBAND....AND VIOLENTLY AND VISCOUSLY TOOK IT ALL. by no means was I the victim...I could have left many times ...i had the only date that could maybe keep us all together in 5 years...July 21...sentencing. HEROIN WAS WEEKS AWAY FROM KILLING HIM...I KNOW IT WAS..I LIVED WITH IT. HE HAD TO MAKE IT TO GET TO THAT CELL...SAD AS IT WAS WHEN THEY TOOK HIM...BUT HES ALIVE

The rest is up to him....he's been 100% clean since July 21 2012..his personal recovery is not mine...and mine comes first now. I say this because prior to knowing him it all started with Vicodin for him....hydrocodone and tylenol...class III. Percocet...oxycodone and tylenol...and dilaudid too .....both derivitives of morphine. Class II......AND THEN WE HAVE THE FUCKIN ALPHA ...HEROIN. CLASS I. .... please,please find an alternative ...tho you are just kinda,sorta taking them currently....THEY ARE ALL DRONES FOR THE ONE THEY ANSWER TO

PLEASE STOP.

Thanks for sharing. I know how dangerous these pills are and for sure wont be taking any more than what I have. I will even look into getting tylonel extra strength because that may be the ingredient in the Percocet that is actually bringing my fever down. If I even DARE to think of refilling this I WILL post on this site for you all to yell and scream at me. I am very paranoid about this, and even more so now. I am so sorry about your husband. A good friend of mine was a heroin addict and he had such a f'd up life struggling with heroin addiction. He never committed armed robbery, but he certainly did serious shoplifting, would park his car in front of stores, grab stuff close to the entrance and bolt.

..while we adderall addicts usually cop doctors offices for our fix, heroin addicts hit the actual streets and deal with the police and end up in jail. I met a lot of heroin addicts in NA and the stories I heard were crazy, often ending up homeless in courts, jailed.

Yet we are all the same, adderall addicts may not end up in prison like street drug addicts, but We all share this insanity of just being unable to stop despite knowing how it is is destroying us. Thank goodness for the tremendous support and voice of reason we have here running throughout this site.

EXACTLY!!!! EVERY POINT YOU MADE!!! And I knew you weren't gonna go all off the fuckin rails on us...hahaha...ya crazy perc popper!!! (No disrespect at all to anyone needing em there) but yeah...the streets vs. An appt time in a beautiful waiting room with all the most recent copies of your favorite magazines for you to read and toys for the kids......yeah,kinda different. The labeling too....the soccer mom could be on smack but probably not. And super sad is that even in NA finding a recovering heroin addict with a decent stretch of clean time....for sponsorship..or just to totally relate...is not easy. Short durations..often a younger crowd kinda...and it is tweaked by man to wipe his own people out and the ones who try to hold on to them. But for the grace of God go I ...and you,and any one else doing it just for today!!! <3 <3

neversaynever

Hey there girlfriend I Reid your story about you and your husband. It sounds like you want to let the members know hoo you are and where you came from. Honesty is a big part of recovery .I found your story to be strait up front thank you for sharing .I now understand you a little better after reading your post . I do believe you love your husband your right by saying that it was a blessing that your husband got busted it did save his life in a way he was so hooked on H that noting else maddered to him except his next fix he needed to rob steel and cheat to get his next fix and his family and even his life didn’t mater to him that’s how strong H is I do understand . Well in regards to you you need to be strong for him and for your kids and stay away from all forms of drugs them days are over with your finished with that part of your life you did it and bin there. Every one needs a second chance so when your husband gets out of prison you will need to start your life from the bottom his hope is to get out of prison and be with his family your hope is to waight for him to gets out of person and be a changed man with a new leas in life . I also sense your a street wiz women you bin around .Stay strong and anticipation for his release date . All this talk about drugs leads me to another one of my stores. I went to a house party last night to bring in the new year it was in the old naberhood there where about 70 people give or take.

these whir the old guys I party with there was drugs flowing all around man talk about will power it was the first time I needed to put my will power into 5th gear I was offered drugs all night long and declined. I had my pre determent limit of two jack on the rocks every one there was pretty much flying high .Its funny the tings you notes when your strait its like I had a new pair of glasses on moistly everyone was fucket up thy where talking shit and the conversations did not make any sense to me jest mambo jumbo shit nonsenses bull shit. I felt like I did not belong there it was not my seen any more .So now comes the journey to find the new me.

Your friend FALCON

• Like 1

Hey falcon...thanks for taking time to check out a little bit more of my life thru my post. I think all those little random yet relative things that we all share are so helpful to like you said...."get to know who we all.are a little more" so cool how different things can be for each of us and we can still find a common thread. Crazy on your party huh? ??? I know people.been on there "runs" since high school .....and they don't even recognize it as such. It's just partying...or another Saturday nite ya know ...some people will punch out and never know what they missed out on In life. Pretty nice waking up the next morning knowing where ya were..how ya got there. Hope you. Had some tea and said what I've said at fucked up crazy moments and that's "man I'm way too old for this shit. " hahaha. So Holla for the new scene and fuck that old one! !! Be well,

Heather

I used to shoot speedballs way back in my mid 20s. got busted a bunch of times, did rehab for a couple of years, used in rehab, got caught, did more rehab, used more, went to jail... same dumb cycle everyone who doesn't die goes thru. Did a bunch of NA. It was good to get some tools to help stop, but what really did it for me was deciding I wanted something different. I saw a few friends die in recovery when they went out and OD'd, saw friends get HIV, saw friends get put in prison by their probation officers for violating, and I saw what my stupid decisions did to my loved ones.

The most important thing for your husband to do is to REDEFINE HIMSELF. That's why I don't like NA or AA. All those counting of days, telling war stories, etc keeps people tied to the past. Now that part of me is my past, but it is not who I am today. I am open about that part of my past with people, but I'm not proud of it, nor do I romanticize it like I used to. What it took was getting busted one last time, going to jail, and then deciding that I didn't want to be like that any more. I didn't want to emulate the people in NA, didn't want to die, didn't want to go to prison. I completely redefined who I was inside. I stopped all that old behavior and regained a sense of ethics, right and wrong, morality, spirituality. Though the adderall has had much less of an impact on me than the speedballs and that whole lifestyle did, it is still the same thing. I had a sober NYE this year. By choice I chilled out and had a mellow night. I do still drink, but less and less as I get more and more into being healthy, eating healthy, studying healthy eating... Someone on here recommended the book Healing with Whole Foods, which I got and am into... We all have to want to be better than we were, and strive to better ourselves constantly. Neversaynever, I hope your husband gets out and uses his hopefully sober time in prison as a launch to keep getting better.

Sky.....as soon as I read the words redefine yourself,a huge smile emerged because that is the key...no way around it. I believe without it...you are ultimately,sometime, somehow going to fail. That is what I did the first 2 ish years of my prior 3 years clean....its got to be worked on again because obviously I kinda failed and went back to addies...so reevaluation is called for. I was a pro at letting everyone tell me what I should be...how to be a better version of it,etc

Yet I had no fuckin idea of who I was. I looked deeply inward....never did I make all.the formal amends to people in person...I made them to myself about all the touchy things of the past...owned my own shit and for the first time I was honestly at peace and simplifyingy life became easy. I worried about me only. Was I comfortable about my part in anything that came up....was I honest...would I want it to be a decision I'd want my kids to make, did all those things you mentioned..morality,consciousness, etc the basis of said response to a situation. Gone were the days of decision based on how others think it should be handled. I found the process of discovery so amazing and mind blowing how it fucking finally was all making sense. I pray to God that he has it in him to do this...for even I can see patterns and behavior and his past...but it doesn't matter even 1% because him doing it via anything from me is useless. Its a kinda solitary process..that rewards those you value the nest of you. I love me some Foo fighters ....and best of you is am amazing song that I have gone to thousands of times...you may know it...I'm thinkin yeah. I smile again just thinkin of it. So precise about ones discovery process. I use things like that to reassure me that its all cool ya know. People that don't have addiction problems could use an internal/mental house cleaning...maybe the world would smile a little more too.!!!!! So keep shining on!!!!!

Goodness what an informative thread, and all from hearing about InRecovery's flu!

InRecovery, how are you feeling now? I think I had the same thing as you... I thought it was a stomach ulcer because I just couldn't stop throwing up. In fact I posted about it here, wondering if adderall had totally fucked up my intestinal tract. Thankfully (believe it or not), it was "just" the flu. But I read in the NY Times that there is a big flu epidemic in the northeast so maybe you and I were a couple of the unlucky ones. Hope you're feeling better now.

And get off the percocet dude. I gulped when I read that. Addictive personalities and addictive drugs... not a good combo. Thankfully vicodin and percocet make me sick as a dog, so I don't have to worry too much... but please confirm for us that you're not still taking it. You know how much this forum relies on you, don't you????!!

sky... that's quite a story. The things we learn about each other, tucked away in little corners here and there. There's a metaphor for life if I'm not getting too grandiose about it. We learn a lot about each other by digging a little bit, taking time, and accepting always.

But do get better, InRecovery. Hope you're not in too much pain!

, I am deleting my early post about wanting to continue taking Percocet for flu symptoms and replacing with what is hopefully a better post.

MFA, i can confirm to you I'm not taking Percocet anymore. I went on a bunch of message boards filled with Percocet addicts and the stuff I read is terrifying so I think I'm just going to stick with Advil or actually perhaps nothing from here forward.. I think the worst of my flu is over. I don't even want to risk the possibility of another addiction, and I had no idea Percocet acts on dopamine pathways either, thanks everyone for words of warning..

Ashley if you google sober recovery and Percocet you will come across a forum just like ours. It is like an parallel universe of people like us. They are all saying the same things we are saying, only they are talking about another drug...Percocet. After reading a couple threads, I couldn't honestly continue that stuff. I am just resting a lot but for sure no more Percocet.

InRecovery,

I did just that, and I'm shocked at how similar the struggle is for the people on those boards and us. I never knew people used pain pills to get things done, and they seem to struggle with feeling they need to have pain pills to be successful at work. I think the only real difference is the health risks of quitting pain pills cold turkey and getting physically ill. As I read about benzo withdrawal, since I want to work on quitting it sounds just as scary as pain pill withdrawal can be....awesome!

Watch 'Nurse Jackie'...awesome show about an ER nurse who's also a painkiller addict. You can get it through netflix or amazon instant video. It's really true in the way it portrays addiction, and supposedly the creators and star edie falco are former addicts as well.

My uncle is addicted to Oxycontin... I ran in to him at the grocery store one holiday and he was totally out of it, his gums were bleeding and his wife was with him and she looked so resigned to it all... it was like she refused to notice. It made me so sad. Addiction hurts everyone, regardless of the drug.

InRecovery,

I did just that, and I'm shocked at how similar the struggle is for the people on those boards and us. I never knew people used pain pills to get things done, and they seem to struggle with feeling they need to have pain pills to be successful at work. I think the only real difference is the health risks of quitting pain pills cold turkey and getting physically ill. As I read about benzo withdrawal, since I want to work on quitting it sounds just as scary as pain pill withdrawal can be....awesome!

For real. I thought adderall was the quintessential drug for being successful at work. But these Percocet addicts take it for the same reasons we take Adderall like to be successful at work. (I guess alcoholics drink to be successful at work too. its just everyone has a different poison of choice) Then i was reading all theae threads on how percocet acted on dopamine receptors and i was like oh man, forget this. I have worked so hard to let my dopamine receptors repair themselves I am not going to mess up any of it just for the flu. It's pretty scary huh? Definitely read about benzos...the threads are scary enough to scare anyone off any medication. And I know you've been weary of the benzos you take. Taking more Percocet was just not worth any risk.

• Like 1

From what I understand, opioid addicts are highly functional as long as they are using (no pun intended). I have a friend who smokes heroin and uses adderall. If he runs out of either one, he withdraws and isolates, but much more so with the heroin. He doesn't even call it by its real name - he calls it cheva - I guess because real heroin has to be injected? I saw a TV show where they had a coke addict, a junkie and a stoner perform identical tasks (like driving and assembling furniture) before and after they were high. The junkie outperformed the other two at all levels after getting high.