QuittingAdderall.com Forums

quitting ritalin

Krax

I originally posted the following in the general thread I think, but thought it should go in this one.

I've used ritalin for over 4 years. Since last May, about 7 months ago, I started on Wellbutrin and have gone off and on ritalin. Wellbutin has really given me the confidence to go without ritalin, and six weeks ago I committed to doing it for good. I function a million times better professionally (as far as talking with clients, and doing active things), and am a much better husband and father - way more engaged. The one thing I struggle with a bit is just getting started on paperwork.

Now that I'm over my initial withdraw period - I think it's a matter of re-programming my brain. Over the last 4 years I've gotten programmed to think in terms of step (1) being taking ritalin, step (2) working on paperwork. Even now, my brain is still waiting for step 1 to happen - so I guess it's a matter of repeated behavior (not taking ritalin, but going to step 2) making my mind understand it isn't going to get step 1 first. Does that make sense?

Hello KRAK welcome to our forum yes you are welcome her as a redalin user speed is speed it jest has dreferent names. You said you bin off of redelin for 6 weeks now if I am understanding your post correctly redalin has left your body it is a short acting drug you where probably paping one every 3 hours if I am correct in saying. Before. I started adderall I was taking redalin it comes on fast then it leaves your system fast . So you needed to keep on paping am I correct with that statement welbutran is the drug of chose when your getting off of any form of speed your doctor made the right call. I’m not sure exactly how it works on your brain chemistry butt I know it helps a lot of our members her on quitting adderall and as you can probably tell by now it is helping you. You are in the recovery stage and you will need to be patient your brain is rebooting now like an old computer you need to adapt to the new you redilin free. Do what you need to as far as your energy is concerned coffee red bull 5 hour energy what ever gets you true your day. Full recovery takes about a full year yes my brother that’s where the patients comes in. Good lock to you and feel free to post when ever you need support or jest need to vent that wy wer all on tis web site.

Your Friend FALCON

Falcon yes Wellbutrin does something - it doesn't give me the direct manic focus, however it does two things for me that I got from ritalin: (1) it wakes me up and alert in the morning, and (2) it helps me tolerate frustration. Like everyone really, my job is all about frustration. This is why it's given me the ability to go without ritalin, a real blessing, plus virtually no side-effects. For me Wellbutrin is a miracle drug.

... speaking of profile photos I must add what a delight it's been to see everyone updating their pics! so much so I was feeling bad I didn't have one up there. I hope you'll forgive the lack of face pic from me, I'm terrified of google image search and I'll be haunted forever on this internets thing so you'll have to put up with a lovely picture of me doing my favorite passtime... taking a nap!

Sleep is when the brain restores itself. It's nice to be restoring my brain, I need it as I plan to have it around for a lot longer...

Falcon thanks - it may have been because of logged into Google when I joined the forum, but I honestly don't know how it got there in the first place, it was just there when I did my posts! After I thought about it, I had the same concerns as expressed above by Motivation, and I'm paranoid someone might use it against me somehow in my business. I'm more then happy to disclose my identity and stuff like that in one-on-one emails, but I just don't want it out there for that reason. I've got a couple images (not of me) that I will choose from of over stuff, I'll put one of those up though.

But ya, Wellbutrin: for me it's unlike the other antidepressants I tried (prosac and effexor) - a totally different reaction to the point that I would, based on my personal experience with it, have a hard time putting it in the same category as those drugs. I think like a lot of people, even though I didn't think of myself as depressed, that I was/am to some degree and that stimulants sort of lifted me out of that temporarily (wouldn't they for anyone?), problem is with ritalin for me the side effects and dependence outweighed the benefits.