QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Sentimental reminders..

Kyle_Chaos

I bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WM7RAE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 as a reminder to never touch Adderall again.

I know it's a alcoholics antonymous necklace, but I just thought it was a neat idea (plus the necklace looks neat as well)

Do any of you have any reminders you keep with you to help you stay off the poison?

As a matter of fact I have a cool quitting token, with a short story behind it:

The last day I took adderall, I took a few extra because I kinda wanted to go out with a bang. As midnight approached, I had one little blue pill and one 30mg orange pill left. Earlier that day I spent (at least) a couple of hours looking for the perfect rocks with pockets that would fit these pills, and I found two that were suitable. So at midnight, I mounted the two last adderall that I didn't take into their respective rock pockets and placed them in the fireplace, along with my remaining cigarettes. I later came to regret not having those smokes around. I was staying in an isolated cabin for three days where getting more of anything would have required a trip into town. The next day I dug those rocks out of the wood stove. The orange pill had melted into this black, shiney, bubbly and crusty glob that bonded with the rock, like a piece of melted plastic. However, the blue pill (a 10 mg IR) just turned black and didn't melt at all, so I had to dispose of it the next day because it looked too much like a pill you could still take. The 30 mg oval must have had some kind of a coating that protected its inner addie.

I cleaned the soot off the rock with the contorted, melted adderall glob and to this day I keep it displayed in my home as a reminder of the day I quit adderall.

• Like 1

Those are such cool stories...I love them. When I embarked on this journey of recovery last time I was very dedicated I was involved in a 12 step program at the time...we took a trip to Bill W's home in new York state,stepping stones. I literally cried when I stood in an outer building with a massive gorgeous desk in it...where he sat and wrote the big book. One of the most genuinely soul consuming completely perfect moments in my life. The other four of those moments are named Mallory, Michael, Dylan and Christian. I have acorns and a definetively heart shaped rock that I found there....never will I part with it. Even if you are not in A A ..i believe the man is the reason addiction came more to light than it was. And he was a crazy fuck up like me...he'd help to save so many....if they really wanted to be saved. But for today. It is winter in RI ...its such a crystal clear day ...snow still around and such a blue sky..you know its 25 out though ...you can smell it. The clarity comes when the air hits you....you can't buy any of it it becomes apparent. These are gifts bestowed upon us to appreciate and covet. Thank you Ashley so much for reminding me of pure beauty.

Neversaynever, you just left me with goosebumps. I imagine that your appreciation of the beautiful day outside, and your heartelt expression of it would have all been lost in the adderall fog of "who the fuck cares I have shit to do" a few weeks ago.

Kyle, what a great idea. I have had my eye on a beautiful onyx lotus flower & tree of life necklace for a year or so now, maybe I will give it to myself as a present if I graduate 90 days. Although I am not a yoga person, the symbols of the tree of life, lotus flower and onyx are all reminders to me of what it means to get through life without the burden of addiction... to make the right choice, no matter how scary it seems at the time.

Today's a tough one, kiddos... had a rough time at the therapist this morning... I don't know why I always end up in tears when I'm there but something about describing the place I'm in just reminds me of how I'm still in the early(ish) days of recovery, and still really under the burden of depression.

One of those icky PAWS downside days for me. I hope to get enough energy for this phone interview I have in half an hour...

Motivation Follows Action,

I hope your day gets better, and even if it doesn't today, it will because you're not in that awful cycle anymore. This too shall pass....

I cried my eyes out in therapy the first 2 or 3 months. I cried sometimes at the drop of a hat in early recovery, but therapy was the most emotional. I agree with you, I think it's the reality of the situation setting in. Fighting like hell is exhausting. I once told my counselor that I sometimes felt worse after leaving. She reminded me how normal it was because I was facing the situation head on without my usual escape. I don't remember the last time I cried in therapy now. It gets better. Good luck with your phone interview and remember be kind to yourself. Don't give yourself too high of expectations right now. Time will help.

Oh my God Ashley ...biggest hug to you girl while we both yell" freakin Bill W's house!!!! "How much fun would we be!!!!! It was really so intense...that room was one it woulda been nice to hang in alone for a few...his motivation, determination and insight just blew me away,and taught me that all the ideals behind recovery are based on what one puts into it!!! WHAT??? WOW TOOK 39 YEARS OF LIFE FOR JUST A COUPLE DUDES TO LAT IT OUT FOR ME...basically,I took what I needed left the other things for people that may see it differentely. Ya know. I'm so sorry your in such limbo right now...you're Putin your time in and the results we want lag a little...people like us aren't always feeling the slow process though I know you're trying so very hard. Try to keep your heart on the prize of how different things are outta your ass breaking soul searching work thus far ....we'd be going snowboardin my sista if you were here.....and goofing till they kicked us out! !! Keep smiling Ashley ....everybody sees what you feel here. <3

Seriously quit once????? Hahaha ...guessing u don't have a bill w is my home boy T-shirt, LOL. He wrote the big book of alcoholics anonymous. Started a.a with a fucked up surgeon dude Dr. Bob ...who was a drunk AND a strung out pill Popper. They called em goof balls back then...and they'd sober his ass up the night before a big operation....hahaha. maybe I woulda impressed you more if I had been to ummmm..ROBERT PLANTS HOUSE! You're funny.

I heard Bill W and his wife were homeless and slept in 51 homes of different friends over 2 years while they spread the message of AA and big book to alcoholics everywhere. and finally the wife of one of the many alcoholics getting help from Bill gave them that house which they lived in the rest of their lives.

Neversaynever, That must have been a very cool trip!!

It was amazing!!! And all of what you heard is true. They were nomads when it was in the experimental phase...and bill was showing up at Lois 's job all Fucked up and getin her in trouble. But she believed in his personal findings about his own addiction,she loved him unconditionally. She'd embark on alanon. A.A is like anything else...its for some not for others..you get what u put into it...and it has problems like any community of different people ya know ...I don't advocate either way ...I know what I learned from it...I'm. Cool with anyone's take on it...just like N.A or whatever. Else works for someone trying. to honestly find a better way. Glad you're on the road to well-.ville ...we don't wanna loose ya in any way, shape or form.

I don't currently have anything to do with either one myself....my experience at his.crib was uniquely my own and those who make a comparison in the way you referenced, well...Bill w was just an ordinary fuck up like a lot of us....ummmm Jesus Christ? ??? Not so much. Hahaha

Neversaynever,

I'm curious why you aren't a part of AA or NA anymore. I know you just decided to sober up again, but it seemed to work for you in the past. Is there a reason you're not going back? I'm asking because my counselor is so pro AA and suggests I go. I've gone here and there, but I never felt comfortable really. It was a great place, and I could totally relate to what people were saying, so I guess it was just me not being comfortable sharing in front of others. This has been my AA, but I still sometimes think it would be good for me to go. Thoughts?

Kraaaxxxxx- LOL. I wish!!! I only went to BILL W'S house. .founder of a.a. that was my retort to who the fuck is bill w. From ummmmn, quit once!!! This is like the longest volley on the beach.. too funny. For a tweaker with crazy adhd that's left untreated....hahaha. I'm doing pretty fuckin good with who's on first. Give it up to me ya'll!!!! Ashley....I have just yet to get back in the formal saddle...trying to let it all gel a bit.like you said its early..I'm not into the chips and at a girl medals..but no doubt it was monumental first time out. .