QuittingAdderall.com Forums

2 Weeks Free and Clear! (And it feels RIGHTEOUS!!!)

davemyers1977

Man I can't believe how much better my life is just 2 weeks out.

THE SECRET: What you fill the void with!!! And accepting that what you believed before (I can't do it without adderall) was a LIE!

This website has made it possible. I believed that I could not do my art, begin a drawing, spend the time I needed to, without adderall, but I was only getting to my work once a month if that, and was doing all nighters (at 21 that might have worked, but at 35 NO!) that destroyed me for days AND made me enter a cycle of ramping up dosage without instruction from my MD to keep my edge at the "real job."

Since quitting I have drawn 5 portraits and started 4 new projects.

My ability to connect with people is 200% improved.

My happiness is through the roof.

A huge "filler" for me has been marathon training, which I was already about halfway through - I was not seeing the physical benefits I think because my balance of life was completely off! Now, getting more rest, eating well but not overeating, I am seeing the benefits - muscle, trimming down, and feeling AWESOME. I mean it. AWESOME.

I would highly recommend the "Couch to 5K" program for anyone considering running. Ever since I did it 2 years ago I have fallen in love with running. For the ADHD person, running is perfect and you really work things out while getting out of the cage and into the beautiful world around us.

I have deeply enjoyed the articles and continue to learn so much. I could really go on forever.

ALSO - Evernote. GREAT service for us organization-challenged people!

THANK YOU TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE AN ARTICLE SUGGESTING "THE ARTIST'S WAY!!!!!" My creativity is TOTALLY un-blocked and going crazy.

I know this post seems manic. I'm not bipolar. But I feel like someone who has just ended a 7 year relationship with someone who beat him/her every day. Thank you Quitting Adderall!!! You guys are fantastic!!!!!

You can see my art here if you are interested, and I have attached a drawing I did post-adderall of Joshua Chamberlain, the great Civil War Hero:

www.artisservant.compost-1218-0-06096100-1357320366_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Its funny that your productivity has actually improved. I'm on day 11 and although I have exercised and gone out with friends I still find myself dreading waking up and getting my day started because of a lack of energy. Last night I quite easily slept 11 hours and I am not sleep deprived lol.

I'll have to start getting back to my old self now that the holidays are over but I wish it were summer break and not winter break (from school that is). It's going to be a struggle going back to schooollllllll... :(

I'm finding relationships a bit easier too. The social anxiety that adderall brings is gone. Though the relationships that I had on adderall were very real to me they still feel more genuine now than before.

I love that this site enables us to connect with people who are going through similar stages.

Also nice picture XD I wasn't sure which one was real until I clicked on the zoomed in one.

Hey Davemeyers ..the 2 week club ain't so based huh???? That's me too. I'm not entirely comfortable with how I feel on most any day yet tho...a lot of things are robotic and Im not used to not being" totally into" even stupid shit...like diceing up a green pepper ...on addies even that seemed an important task that I had to give 110% to.really a fuckin vegetable???? Yup,really. LOL. I'm kinda abscent of my normal sensations yet. So yeah rick I feel ya man....often just kinda ho hum...something people like us don't usually like.....I don't have a ton of want to take on much yet....but sitting and chilling on the couch with a blanket is sooooo hard. Its kind of uncomfortable really ....its gonna get better tho....so keep doing it. Be well you guys.

• Like 1

Its funny that your productivity has actually improved. I'm on day 11 and although I have exercised and gone out with friends I still find myself dreading waking up and getting my day started because of a lack of energy. Last night I quite easily slept 11 hours and I am not sleep deprived lol.

I'll have to start getting back to my old self now that the holidays are over but I wish it were summer break and not winter break (from school that is). It's going to be a struggle going back to schooollllllll... :(

I'm finding relationships a bit easier too. The social anxiety that adderall brings is gone. Though the relationships that I had on adderall were very real to me they still feel more genuine now than before.

I love that this site enables us to connect with people who are going through similar stages.

Also nice picture XD I wasn't sure which one was real until I clicked on the zoomed in one.

Rick, how are you feeling? You posted once... and were 11 days in, which isn't easy, please tell us how you are doing.

Aww...motivation...thanks!!! I'm pretty twisted naturally...and I was quite the little fucked up force to be reckoned with all jacked on the shit..some people could not handle it!!! Oh well...the times they are a changing....and DAMN IT...I LIKE ME ...IM GLAD YOU DO TOO!!! HUGS :)

High five! You say your happiness is 200%, as in you are over the top happy? I am almost 4 weeks deep into my recovery and I noticed that I also get super happy (giddy almost) after the first week or so, and just laugh at everything/anything. However, that kinda stopped for me recently. Now I am just emotional where I swing around between happy, sad, giddy, nervous/panicky and angry unpredictably. I'd be interested to see if this is a common thing for people quitting adderall. Keep it up.

Motivation_Follows_Action- I'm feeling really well actually. This is the longest time that I have been 100% sober in many years. I'm really enjoying this time that I have given myself but it's strange too. I'm building myself up to apply for colleges and get back to school on the 22nd but the next couple of weeks are not going to be easy without adderall. I feel a bit more impulsive and this is good and bad. Although some people might say that the first 10 days or so is hardest, the hardest for me will definitely be during the semester or when I am facing some sort of deadline or project. I've turned myself into a bit of an overachiever...

This is really the only place where I have talked about using adderall outside of like the 2 appointments I have had with my doctor lol. I've been on it for a year (Dec '11-Dec '12). Although I would love to stay off of all drugs (which I have besides adderall), adderall is proving to be especially bitchy.

Thanks for asking :). Hbu?

Overachieving on adderall? Never! <_<

Sounds like you are staying strong, which is great. I think you're right to be concerned when you go back to school, you will be not only fighting all the additional work and classes and new situations, but you will be going back to familiar surroundings where you were taking it before. Try to see if you can come up with a plan to ensure you're prepared for those situations, so you' won't be popping the little orange pill before you have a chance to tell yourself not to do it... Just a suggestion.

Stay strong.

• 1 month later...