QuittingAdderall.com Forums

nearly relapsed today...

As you would say, InRecovery, STAY STRONG. You should feel super proud that during your weakest moments (under stress, time pressure, change and an unfamiliar environment), you have kept away from feeding your addiction. And that's on top of it being quite literally right under your nose. Talk about strength!

I find this story really motivating, actually. I am going through something now that is requiring a tremendous amount of strength and it's very stressful. The cravings have been insane (honestly I don't know if I'd found that random pill lying around today I would have flushed it...). Knowing you're staying strong has made me stronger, so thank you.

And congratulations. You're at the beginning of your new life!

• Like 1

As you would say, InRecovery, STAY STRONG. You should feel super proud that during your weakest moments (under stress, time pressure, change and an unfamiliar environment), you have kept away from feeding your addiction. And that's on top of it being quite literally right under your nose. Talk about strength!

I find this story really motivating, actually. I am going through something now that is requiring a tremendous amount of strength and it's very stressful. The cravings have been insane (honestly I don't know if I'd found that random pill lying around today I would have flushed it...). Knowing you're staying strong has made me stronger, so thank you.

And congratulations. You're at the beginning of your new life!

Thanks MFA - I read this a couple times and felt better!! Serious butterflies in my stomach. Leaving in an hour. Ill email you all updates.

alright, im settled in. There was a really friendly RA who helped me get settled in and whatnot. And everyone I talked to is nice . I forgot to pack clothes (i packed bedding but not clothes) (its being shipped in hopefully tomorrow) so all i have is what i am wearing now which is a t shirt which i stained today to wear at orientation all day tomorrow. oops. the main thing is i have internet access, and really any new environment is managable as long as you have internet access, right?

quit once - i usually find the smileys by googling the expression and then emoticon. for example, try googling "happy emoticon" or "angry emoticon". thats where i get them

Hahaha...mfa did indeed get the latrine shot that I spaced on a couple weeks ago!!! Mannnn I suck! LOL. For me now or on a day I had none...finding just one would be kinda like finding a tylenol ...due to taking four all at once in the a.m just to get a slight sensation and then sets of 2 thru the rest of the day...one was gonna just piss me off. But it is more of the psychological thing when seeing them ...for me it represents the sheer chaos they cause in my life...how off the rails ill go...and yes...how familiar they are. If I'd drop one in the kitchen ...my eye never left it...it could bounce,ricochet,Bob,weave and then bang a hard left and I could tell where it ended up. And indeed the open window is the pathway back into that chaos....last go around I didn't get bagged ....I don't know why not ...so the window was open and 2years ago I opted to go thru.it again...and the results were no different, I will always abuse adderall, I don't know for sure if I would have been able to quit this time if it hadn't been put on pharmacy lock down...they are the deal breaker ultimately. Possibly someones way of saying you survived two viscious bouts with this drug and since I know how you take it,I've cut you off cuz you're not going to survive another one ...maybe but recovery runs much deeper than just removing the drug...that is my work alone to do.just my own take on my own circumstances tho ...it is what it is and it comes when its time

When the student is ready,the teacher will appear....grasshoppa. !!!! LOL