QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I think my pharmacy thinks I'm a nut job

ashley6

I just went to get my anxiety medication filled, and I had them open the pills before they gave them to me, because they've given me little orange pills before that look straight up like adderall. I told them the truth, I'm a recovering adderall addict, and those pills look too similar. You should see the looks on their faces. They think I'm nuts. I'll do what I have to do to protect my sobriety, though, embarrassing or not.

• Like 2

Hahaha...Ashleeeeeyyyy!!! You the best girl!!! Way to put yourself and what you've worked so hard for front and center. Maybe ya just caught em off guard...I know there use to us crazies causing a ruckus and all .."what the fuck you mean its too early to fill!!!!" But I think they shoulda said hey that's great that you're thinking that way Ashley ...oh well that's me!!! Fuck them haters ...tell me where they at!!!! LOL. Hugs and hi-5's sista...you are going to Vegas with us right!!! We gonna tear that town up!!! Hahaha.

I just went to get my anxiety medication filled, and I had them open the pills before they gave them to me, because they've given me little orange pills before that look straight up like adderall. I told them the truth, I'm a recovering adderall addict, and those pills look too similar. You should see the looks on their faces. They think I'm nuts. I'll do what I have to do to protect my sobriety, though, embarrassing or not.

I have come to realize that most people don't take adderall addiction seriously. It's like a joke or some shit to them. At least in my experience! But fuck them haha, what anti anxiety meds are you on? I was on lexapro a couple years ago, but i found it did absolutely nothing besides keep me from crying for the entire time. I was emotionally numb on those bitches, so i took myself off. But it never helped with depression or anxiety and i am looking into trying something else.
  • Like 1

Most of em may or not but my quit 3 weeks ago.was backed by geting bagged by a pharmacist doing his job...he called the state of RI and the dude pulled my ummmmm,transactions and they were both like Jesus Christ. I know cuz I.stopped and saw that actually very cool pharmacist when I was grocery shopping and he says.." there's my girl " HAHAHA ...I'm going dude you make me laugh

When he busted me I didn't deny it...and he respected that and its not the norm for them to see people like myself and Ashley and a small percentage of the addicted community....wanting to stop and owning it

I've done the desperate excuse thing before and I felt and I'm sure looked like an asshole....I don't wanna be that girl anymore!! LOL

Hahaha...Ashleeeeeyyyy!!! You the best girl!!! Way to put yourself and what you've worked so hard for front and center. Maybe ya just caught em off guard...I know there use to us crazies causing a ruckus and all .."what the fuck you mean its too early to fill!!!!" But I think they shoulda said hey that's great that you're thinking that way Ashley ...oh well that's me!!! Fuck them haters ...tell me where they at!!!! LOL. Hugs and hi-5's sista...you are going to Vegas with us right!!! We gonna tear that town up!!! Hahaha.

When I got busted the whole thing was very serious. I was treated like a criminal. I was ushered to the side and I was told never to step foot in there again. Also, i totally denied it out of embarassment. i certainly didn't leave on any kind of good terms. He also tore up my script in front of me. Then the pharmacist called my doctor who then called me and I just avoided his calls altogether. I find it lol that you made friends with him! :-) that's awesome.

I had a.couple of those too back in the day...whenever one of em got the phone my hearing became almost deer like ....high alert indeed. If they were on too long I was already in go mode...I had a woman do the same thing...call the doctor and call me over ..I informed her the script was my property. She didn't agree and tore it up on a weekend....I had gotten it at an e.r too! !! Psycho I was, I told her I wanted to slit her throat......fuckin A I was deranged!!!! So glad those days are gone.

i can relate ash! i'm more than sure my pharmacy thinks i'm nuts... when i was in my addiction i would get two addy scripts a month, from 2 diff doctors, with 2 diff MGS, so my insurance would pay for it, i went as far as to having 4 addy scripts one 20mg,30mg,10mg, and then 25mg then with my zannies i would do the same thing, and i would run out early from both of them all the time, i would go as far as faking a false police report just so they would fill a new script, it got to the point where they flagged me for adderall, then the last time i was in rehab i called the pharmacy straight up and told them i was an addict and not to fill ANY narcotics, and i wrote all the doctors letters letting them know how i abuse narcotics... it's so hard to do, but once it was done i felt somewhat accomplished and proud that i did it.but it sucks when im in a relapse bc if i want pills i have to get them on the streets and their not cheap!