QuittingAdderall.com Forums

lost that lovin feelin

Heather67

How else do you categorize that feeling....every thing I would partake in I gave way more than I needed to...that was kinda the thing about it....you knew you were a slave to the pill...but atleast your brain was completely in love with every challenge you sent its way

I am a horrible procrastinator by nature..and I am grateful that only a little over 3 weeks into the quit...I am by no means bed ridden...I have a 3 year old who interupts tasks that are already frustrating me... cuz that's what kids do,I get home from picking him up today and launch into full on kitchen mode to help my mom out..manage to get all the laundry in our room put away...run up and down basement stairs for this or that...fed the child ...its just the typical 5:00 p.m crazy hour that it is in many homes...and yeah....ummmm,nothing. Doing but no feeling any of it. Not really a sense of accomplishment...or a jazzed anything....just kinda. A 1 2 3 step...123 step ..ball change..repeat!! No sensation no feeling no nothing. Its weird and. Kinda hard to explain...hopeing some of ya know what I mean!!! And HELL YEAH BABY! !! GO PATS!!!LOL! !

I think we all know exactly what you mean! But that's recovery...

And the dopamine slowly starts to come back, but its not like flooding your brain or anything like that but that's how regular people live and that's how we should learn to live. And that's what is good healthy living.

yeah ... I feel the same way only more lethargic b/c it's only day 5 for me. I just feel like crap -- even binge eating while watching 'real housewives atlanta marathon' does nothing for me. Now I have a wicked headache, stomach ache and all I want to do is eat but I can't. My biggest fear is repeatedly giving in to this psychological (because it sure ain't physical) desire to eat will take me back to rit. I think exercise is the only thing that will help @ this point ... because honestly I never want to repeat the past 5 days again.

Thanks my homies!!! Ahhh,Leah I feel ya. I know I use food now to try and induce that little bit o euphoria...I can't even get into shopping.... used to love to do that....even alone,I preffered alone when I was on em....I'd make every fuckin sales associate my new b.f.f...getting.all stocked and talking jeans with the girls....a few sizes smaller jeans tho!!!! But nice dudes like krax and others remind.me that we ladies are tough on ourselves and they prefer the "baby's gotta booty like POW O POW"!!!! route...Trying to convince myself....MY BOYS JUST SCORED ...that's not even the same...waaaahhh!

You know what I'm experiencing now is this weird sadness that I can no longer look forward to taking a dose, just part of the process I guess, but its this anticipation a lot of people here have discussed in other posts, and I miss that as much if not more then actually taking the drug

Neversaynever,

Recovery is so boring for awhile. You just go through the motions, and the anhedonia in the beginning is difficult to get used to. I'm just now figuring out things I enjoy doing in my spare time, because I forgot for so long. I've said this on here before, but it meant a lot to me. I was talking about how boring everything was after being clean. Nothing excited me, and somebody said to me, "Ashley, life is boring." It was kind of an aha moment, even though it's so obvious to "normal" people. Obviously, life has exciting aspects, but the day-to-day stuff isn't fun. Doing laundry, which felt like so much fun when using, is a chore. It's unnatural (and weird) for that to be fun. But we can't experience the natural satisfactions life has to offer if we're going a mile a minute doing stupid things that have no meaning on adderall. I feel ya, girl. You're doing them, sober, and that's all that really matters right now. So very proud of you.

• Like 2

Neversaynever,

Recovery is so boring for awhile. You just go through the motions, and the anhedonia in the beginning is difficult to get used to. I'm just now figuring out things I enjoy doing in my spare time, because I forgot for so long. I've said this on here before, but it meant a lot to me. I was talking about how boring everything was after being clean. Nothing excited me, and somebody said to me, "Ashley, life is boring." It was kind of an aha moment, even though it's so obvious to "normal" people. Obviously, life has exciting aspects, but the day-to-day stuff isn't fun. Doing laundry, which felt like so much fun when using, is a chore. It's unnatural (and weird) for that to be fun. But we can't experience the natural satisfactions life has to offer if we're going a mile a minute doing stupid things that have no meaning on adderall. I feel ya, girl. You're doing them, sober, and that's all that really matters right now. So very proud of you.

Ha ha ha Ashley, I think like that all the time. I am constantly repeating that line of thinking to myself all the time. ESPECIALLY AT WORK. I will be feeling so bored and be like... Well this is what it is like for normal people. I'm just living like a normal person. This is what normal is. And I'll like keep repeating that to myself as the time passes. This is how everybody, the non addicts, go through life.

• Like 2

Well, neversaynever, you might be feeling "nothing", but at least you're not feeling frenzied or crazed or stressed or irritated or downright aggressive or paranoid or nasty like you would have if you were on adderall.

Bored > Adderalled anyday.

This is progress.

• Like 2

Wow,yeah I'm carrying on about missing all that fake shit that adderall induced. I can't.stand posers, yet I really was the opitamy of one. Ewwww!!, its raining and miserable in RI today..my kid is the most still I've ever seen him due to being down with a cold...so the living room is head quarters central today...gonna be a lazy one....gossip mags,blankets and pillows, snacks and Pepsi (for me) ,gonna just try and roll with that . And give my kid the comfort he needs that I couldn't give if I was high on a feeling

How else do you categorize that feeling....every thing I would partake in I gave way more than I needed to...that was kinda the thing about it....you knew you were a slave to the pill...but atleast your brain was completely in love with every challenge you sent its way

I am a horrible procrastinator by nature..and I am grateful that only a little over 3 weeks into the quit...I am by no means bed ridden...I have a 3 year old who interupts tasks that are already frustrating me... cuz that's what kids do,I get home from picking him up today and launch into full on kitchen mode to help my mom out..manage to get all the laundry in our room put away...run up and down basement stairs for this or that...fed the child ...its just the typical 5:00 p.m crazy hour that it is in many homes...and yeah....ummmm,nothing. Doing but no feeling any of it. Not really a sense of accomplishment...or a jazzed anything....just kinda. A 1 2 3 step...123 step ..ball change..repeat!! No sensation no feeling no nothing. Its weird and. Kinda hard to explain...hopeing some of ya know what I mean!!! And HELL YEAH BABY! !! GO PATS!!!LOL! !

I know exactly what you mean. I too am a natural born procrastinator. One of the reasons i started adderall. It's hard to forget how easy and exciting everyday, mundane tasks became on adderall. Eventually though, i assume you will become used to how life really is. How laundry and cleaning isn't "fun". And you will find natural highs in doing things that you love to do.

xox