QuittingAdderall.com Forums

shoot - I meant to post this in here - how do I move it?

I dunno how you move it but I could follow the links just fine. Looks like all three aspects you are charting (mood, socialability, and cognition) are above the levels of performance you had at or before quitting adderall so that is positive progress. One thing is for sure, you can not hurry the pace of your own recovery.

MFA,

I saw somewhere where you posted you quit taking Ambien. There way too many threads to see where it was, but I'm curious as to how that's going. I'm really starting to think klonopin is hindering my recovery, mentally and energy wise. I've talked about wanting to quit it for awhile, but lately I've started to focus on my moods after I take it to see if it has something to do with it. It just makes me feel there, but kind of numbs my happiness sometimes. I know this is a known side effect. Was it difficult stopping the Ambien? Did you taper?

MFA,

I saw somewhere where you posted you quit taking Ambien. There way too many threads to see where it was, but I'm curious as to how that's going. I'm really starting to think klonopin is hindering my recovery, mentally and energy wise. I've talked about wanting to quit it for awhile, but lately I've started to focus on my moods after I take it to see if it has something to do with it. It just makes me feel there, but kind of numbs my happiness sometimes. I know this is a known side effect. Was it difficult stopping the Ambien? Did you taper?

Hi, yes I stopped taking it cold turkey about 2 weeks ago. I'm going through withdrawals a bit I think - finding it hard to get to sleep, nightmares every night, cold sweats, disturbed sleep and v tired during the day. On the postitive side though my memory is returning (phew! already!) and my mood is a lot more consistent.

I was at the dr yesterday and she wanted to prescribe me kpin. No way, I told her, I do not want another addiction on my hands thanks all the same. The times I did take it I felt like a zombie for days on end.... I don't kow how you take it and function at all, but I can understand how addictive it is. It's nice to feel numb sometimes.... and def for an anxious person that may be the only way....

That's really great you shut out the doctor wanting to prescribe you klonopin. And amazing that you quit the Ambien. The research I've done on quitting klonopin cold turkey sounds like it's downright dangerous. I've been on it for 7 years, so I know my body has a dependence for it. I don't even like it. I'm an extremely anxious person by nature, so it does help in that regard, but finding alternative methods of combatting the anxiety is my next step. I've also read that being on benzos long-term can also create more intense anxiety that benzos were meant to aid with. I'm glad your memory is improving!

All my fellow members some of you may no my history with bensos xanax the mother of all bensos. I had a 20 year addiction with xanax .I was taking 8 milligram in 24 hours 1 milligram every 3 hours during the day and in the middle of the night the manufactures recommend doses is no more than 4 milligrams per day. You can not go cold turkey on bensos they must be tapered down gradually for xanax the tapering down schedule is 0.25 milligrams for every two weeks it took me 11 mounts to get off xanax warning do not go off cold turkey with any benso drugs you can die or have irreversible brain damage .It is the nastiest withdraw there is no fast way to get off bensos O there is one way you need to be hospitalized put to sleep for two weeks and monatured 24-7 butt even then you will still have withdraw when you wake up butt you are mainly out of the woods as far as having a seizure goes. Stay away from bensos thay are a bitch to stop after using them long therm the drug stops working on you. Your tolerance levels goes sky high the more you take the more anxiety you get its a viscus circlal.

FALCON

Wow, Falcon I had no idea. Guess I won't be filling that prescription she gave me for Xanax then. I really know nothing about benzos, which is pretty stupid considering how much i was taking towards the end of my adderall use... I didn't really count but I was popping xanax alongside adderall to "purify the focus", take the edge off the paranoia and anxiety that adderall addiction brings. I was taking between 60 - 100 mg Adderall, 1-2 mg xanax and 20mg ambien every day. No wonder my brain hates me.

MFA,

Hey Ashley6, I quit Ambien and Adderall (actually Vyvanse) at the same time eleven days ago. Dear god, the first 7 days were awful. The extreme fatigue, lethargy, brain fog from Adderall withdrawals were bad, and I couldn’t even rely on sleeping at night to get relief. My “how to fall asleep naturally†muscles had atrophied as completely as my “how to get shit done†muscles. I was a complete mess.

Out of desperation after 4 nights of sleeping only 2-3 hours, I tried Nyquil. It made me fall asleep but I woke up SO groggy. Now I am doing half a dose of Nyquil. It gets me to sleep and wears off by the time I woke up. I would like to quit sleep aids completely, but I'm still considering refilling my Ambien prescription just in case. I know for sure I am done with Adderall, and I feel like having a backup way of ensuring sleep would ease a lot of the anxiety of not having that instant alertness in the morning.

Is Ambien a benzo?

Ambien isn't a benzo, but I mentioned in a previous post that a lot of research hasn't been done about it and I think it's really really bad news. I have been on it for longer than I was on adderall (maybe 5 years?) and it's v psychologically addictive, you think you just CAN'T get to sleep without it.

You were v strong to try to quit ambien and adderall at the same time. Personally I almost think ambien is more insidious a drug because almost everyone I know takes it, they joke about their ambien sex and ambien dreams and what not, but it is positively correlated with depression and memory loss. we need a quitting ambien.com!

I wonder if the depression and brain fog I've been feeling these last few days is because of the ambien withdrawals. Honestly I will be so fucking glad to get all these residual chemicals and withdrawals OUT of my system so at least I know I'm at my "baseline best", and if I'm sweating at night (lots of this the last 2 weeks) or tired or depressed, it's not because of a drug.

MFA, the night sweating has been bad for me too these past couple of weeks. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for needing the fan on in the middle of winter! I do feel like the brain fog/depression is a side effect of Ambien withdrawal, and (crossing fingers) I feel it's starting to lift after twelve days off.

This quitting process has made me really curious about who else uses these drugs regularly. I have no idea how prevalent it is among my circles of people.