QuittingAdderall.com Forums

extremely positive feelings before leveling out?

SomedayDreamer

I'm on day 7 and experiencing something extremely unusual and unexpected for me. It's this very positive sense of well-being. I'm mean, I'm not complaining but there's just no real reason I should feel this good right now.

I'm wondering if it's some neurochemical "surplus"/rebound and will soon level out, (or worse swing the other way in depletion) I don't have a history of bi-polar or hypomanic episodes, and I don't feel like "HELL YEAH! Let's wash some dishes!!!" but I feel so damn happy....and that is very,very odd for me. I've taken no new supplement or tried anything different. To now, the withdrawal has followed the typical course that I went through on every monthly addy-free spell:

Day 1--not too awful

Day 2--crushed

Day 3--little less crushed

Day 4--aches and sleepiness mostly gone

Day 5 through refill day--more energy but totally apathetic, anhedonic, lacking any motivation and counting the days until I could refill.

Did anyone else experience this sudden increase in positivity? If so, for about how long and did it level out or actually dip below your baseline? It would be great if this could be my new normal, but I don't think that's possible

Cassie had mentioned something along these lines. But in the beginning it can sort of be like going on a diet. You are most pumped up and motivated. And also there is still amphetamine in your system. But the real test comes in like month three as you begin the major 'leg' of your recovery and there is no more amphetamine in your system and yourealize this is for the longhall.nYou must continue to work hard on your motivation. Also post acute withdrawal begins to kick in.

Welcome to Recoveryland. Shitty moments, awesome moments, meh-moments, horrific moments, impatient moments. That's kind of what life is like on recovery. The hardest thing about recovery from adderall though, at least for me, is the constant asking myself questions like, "is this normal?" "did I used to feel like this before adderall" "does everyone feel this level of [insert emotion here]?"

Because adderall fucks up your "normal" emotional patterns, and behaviors, going back to normal feels somewhat foreign.

Not sure if I am making any sense. I'm going to lie down now.

• Like 2