QuittingAdderall.com Forums

soundgarden!!sunday!!!strait!!!???

Heather67

So...sounds pathetic but I'm going to fuckin soundgarden this Sunday in Boston ....3 rd fuckin row at a sold out show. The preperation for this...my kid being all set for like the whole day with my mom...what the fuck I'm wearing,and other girlie shit....my brain hurts. The girl I'm going with I've known since high school...crazy then crazy now. She takes adhd meds...and Asst. Pain shit...she knows my deal and all...and aside from a couple drinks and maybe some ganja...I wanna swing this show as on the up and up as possibly...but those things in that environment ...are they gonna open the food gates to a concert full of oblivion??? It should be super fun...but the stress has kicked in and its only fuckin Tuesday! !! Wtf?????

Well, look at it like this. You're being protective of your recovery and that's a healthy thing. I was the same way in early recovery, I freaked the fuck out around people who I knew were on adderall, still kind of do. I saw a guy popping an adderall at work, and I was a mess for like 3 days. Is this friend a good friend, meaning she won't give you any adderall, NO MATTER WHAT? Everybody has triggers, so just figure out if this is a trigger for you. If so, you should be concerned, but if not, go and have a blast!

actually, being around ppl you know who are on adderall are kind of annoying... it's like "calm down dude..."

I couldn't help but wonder, was I that annoying? it seemed so obvious too, legs shaking, pounding water, way too excited about dumb shit... I dunno, maybe that was my isolated experience, but didn't make me yearn for it, kinda just made me feel dumb for not realizing sooner. You can have a hell of a good time with just alcohol and weed and soundgarden and 3rd row seats...

• Like 1

Sky,

I think it all depends on the person, that's why I said it depends on your triggers. It sounds like you had an aha moment that made you decide to quit. A lot of addicts aren't like that, although I wish it would've been like that for me. It took like 100 aha moments and for my life to fall apart pretty much to even decide to quit. I'm not saying yours was easier than mine, I'm just saying we all have different recovery experiences.

actually, being around ppl you know who are on adderall are kind of annoying... it's like "calm down dude..."

I couldn't help but wonder, was I that annoying? it seemed so obvious too, legs shaking, pounding water, way too excited about dumb shit... I dunno, maybe that was my isolated experience, but didn't make me yearn for it, kinda just made me feel dumb for not realizing sooner. You can have a hell of a good time with just alcohol and weed and soundgarden and 3rd row seats...

Sky I just cringed when i read what you wrote because I think that a lot too. I was uh...hyper enthusiastic about everything about life when I was on adderall and I cringe at what that must have looked like to others. I'm so glad I'm not on that crap anymore.

I think I've finally calmed down somewhat. A lot of it was kinda like all the shit ill be doing to go...making sure everything for my son is all set for my mom to watch him for a more extended time than a trip to the store. ..thinking of where these pants are or this shirt that are still in boxes that are still not unpacked...and just the thought of going to an "event"...life has been fucked up and all about either my husband,or something bullshit for awhile now...I'm not all that used to living for me yet...and adderall free. I put all the to-dos in a big shit heap in my head...Vs..just taking the time to do em....it's not till fuckin Sunday. I'm programed to freak almost...but now ill just handle a bit here and a bit there over these few days and look forward to having a good time...not a paranoid one. She takes her adhd meds as prescribed and I could give 2 shits about pain meds she takes. And I have 3rd row tickets to fuckin soundgarden at the orpheum. I plan on enjoying that shit!!! LOL