QuittingAdderall.com Forums

So I started watching the movie Happy on netflix, it's a great reminder of what's important and why we may tend to be more depressed or unhappy, vs happy and content... if you have netflix home streaming thing on your computer, you should check it out... not as action packed as MacGuyver but left me feeling good, like a good smack up side the head to wake up to what matters.

Saw it and loved it, one of the best movies about addiction I've seen. The thing that really impressed me, and I don't want to give too much away, is the it presents things with so much empathy - it makes you surprised as a viewer (at least for me) having that kind of reaction given the circumstances. Anyways, that movie had a lot to do with me seeing that in myself.

Ok I'm off to watch it right now. Diet coke, a tidy house (thanks to the cleaning lady which I cannot seem to part with despite having no income myself right now), heater on full blast. Wish I had a puppy on my lap. Switching phone off - fuck the recruiter, I'm taking control of my fucking Friday afternoon dammit!

• Like 1

Saw it and loved it, one of the best movies about addiction I've seen. The thing that really impressed me, and I don't want to give too much away, is the it presents things with so much empathy - it makes you surprised as a viewer (at least for me) having that kind of reaction given the circumstances. Anyways, that movie had a lot to do with me seeing that in myself.

Also smashed is a great addiction movie.

So I started watching the movie Happy on netflix, it's a great reminder of what's important and why we may tend to be more depressed or unhappy, vs happy and content... if you have netflix home streaming thing on your computer, you should check it out... not as action packed as MacGuyver but left me feeling good, like a good smack up side the head to wake up to what matters.

I watched Happy yesterday. How adorable were the old lady Okinawans? They're like the Japanese Golden Girls. Wanna go see Flight now - it's playing at the discount theater by my house.

I highly recommend Nurse Jackie - not a movie but a great TV series about addiction.

right?! was a good reminder of what's important in life, and to be grateful for what we have... I know the things that get me down are actually petty things- like wanting a new corvette, my new boots getting scuffed, not winning the lottery... those kinds of things make me toss and turn at night, but I shouldn't let them get me down.... :P

like wanting a new corvette, my new boots getting scuffed, not winning the lottery... those kinds of things make me toss and turn at night, but I shouldn't let them get me down.... :P

Ah, but then money doesn't necessarily correlate with happiness... in fact, the last time I won the lottery I was soooo happy until I kicked the door on my new corvette and scuffed my boots-- totally ruined it all for me :P

"Play, having new experiences, friends and family, doing things that are meaningful, appreciating what we have. These are the things that make us happy. And they're free. The more we have, the more everyone has."

What an amazing movie, thanks so much for the recommendation.

• Like 3

Is the triple X in the post title suggesting anything about Happy?