QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Antidepressant after adderall?

Sebastian05

Hey guys. Have any of you taken any antidepressant after quitting adderall? This depression im going thru really really sucks. I cant seem to garner any happiness or positivity or hope. Its been about 3 weeks since i weened off of 10mg a day. Ive heard wellbutrin has helped some. Can anyone provide some insight or advice in this regard and if antidepressants have helped in this new adderall free life? :( thanks

you gotta talk to your doctor dude, there are anti depressants for sure, a slew of them, but the one that's right for you has to come from your doctor... Wellbutrin was a good one I agree. though for what ever medical reasons may or may not be appropriate for you. talk to your doctor.

Wellbutrin = lots of discussion on this forum about it, I am a big supporter of it.

check out the supplements on this forum - they've been a life saver for me, esp L-Tyrosene ad HTP-5!

Also Yerba Mate, but be careful bc it can be tough on the heart if you take too much!

I can't speak to the antidepressants, but I am a huge advocate of L-Tyrosine, 5-htp, Omega-3's (Algae DHA supplements), vitamin B complex, Biotin, a multivitamin. Also green smoothies (with kale, baby spinach, almond milk, bananas, berries, spirulina, protein powders, juices, etc,) and exercise and sunlight.

Focusing all that pill-popping energy on being really healthy and replenishing all that the adderall depleted (a.k.a. everything) has helped me to feel much better and more stable overall.

But, everyone is different so antidepressants might be worth a try-- it sounds like they work really well for a lot of people.