QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Email Buddy

Opal

Don't live anywhere close enough to meet up? Don't want to meet up? No problem! Let's start a pen-pal forum because we all know quitting is easier with a buddy and everyone should have that opportunity.

Lets get enough posters to find similar matches. Below is a short bio you can copy and paste to get started:

Length of Adderall Usage:

Amount:

Reason for Quitting:

Male or Female:

Email:

Length of Adderall Usage: 2 years

Type: Instant Release

Amount: Initially 10mgs, which evolved to 20mgs, now I barely feel 20mgs and at times abuse the Adderall by taking up to 60mgs or more. L

Reason for Quitting: It’s such a hard thing to quit because I do have ADHD and my life IS better with the Adderall. But at this point all of my accomplishments feel as if I cheated. I’m spiraling more and more into an addiction with the drug and want to stop.

Male or Female: Female

Email: Opal0551@gmail.com

No one I know has a clue about the Adderall. It would be a HUGE relief to talk to someone else going through this. I’m really looking forward to share stories with someone. I’ve tried to quit before but hopefully I will be more successful with a buddy. Talk to you soon!

You definitely caught me by surprise with that comment because funny as it sounds I haven't thought about "why" I'm quitting and that's such an important part. This scares me because I can't think of one reason how my life is worse with it. ): Please give me an answer that I can say "Oh duh! Why didn't I think of that." to, cause it sounds like I'm screwed as far as quitting is concerned. All I know is that I don't know if it was me or the Adderall that helped me, it could be bad for my health, and I'm going to keep gaining tolerance to it the longer I'm addicted. It's refreshing to talk to someone about it so thank you for the reply. :)

<a href=" Opal

Hey friend we can not convince you how bad the adderall is on your mental and your physical health you are a newbie when it comes to the length of time you have bin useing adderall this forum is full of veteran adderall users no mater what we tell you you will not quit using the shit Intel your ready and you start to fuck up your life and you will its jest a mater of time before you are in the zambee land of adderall .Your tolerance will get higher your doses will increase you will be hunting down the pill like a hungry dog looking for new resources and suppliers to feed your addiction yes jest a mater of time so go on use the shit and come back to the forum when you need our support we will still be her to help you You will learn the hard way.

THE FALCON

Please review the last two sentences of Falcon's post. He is telling you that an adderall addiction is UNSUSTAINABLE. At some point in your life, you will need to quit; it really is that simple. It is your choice how far and how fast you let the addiction take you down.

Adderall usually does not kill your body (i.e.overdoses) but it sure plays hell with your soule and your mind.

Please look up the post entitled "stages of amphetamine addiction" in the announcements forum on this web site.

There really is nothing we can tell you that will convince you to quit - it is a soul searching question that must come from within. Please consider why you wish to quit while your soule is still easy to find.

Wow. I feel like my mind is being read. I wish I could put in words how much those posts helped me understand. I went from thinking it made my life better for the past two years to a complete 180. The stages of addiction almost made me cry, it literally described the past 2 years of my life, because I got addicted so fast, I am easily at stage 6. 20mg a day was an understatement, I just was embarrassed to say how much. I feel so much better that there is a solution to all the symptoms I have by quitting. I know what you mean when you say "zombie land of Adderall" and I don't want to go there because I've been there during high doses and god, if that was permanent it would be hell. You guys seriously saved me from going down a terrible road, I can't thank you enough, I'm going to quit, hopefully I find someone for support, my family and friends don't understand because it's a prescription and think I'm just being dramatic, but seriously know that you made a huge difference in someone's life today. I've looked for help on "Webmd" and all that bs trying to find advice, but this website it's incredible. The owner and other posters have the best choice of words, honesty and advice. I'm so relieved, thank you.

• Like 1

Opal

Hey I am clad we can help so you have felt zombie addearll land at least you know how fucked up it can get .I would like to say when you are feeling that way you are on your way there on a day to day basses and there is no stopping the snow ball it will jest get bigger and stronger so my friend read all the shit on the web site get it planted into your memory and make a dissuasion to stop if you are ready. Make your goal and make your mind up make a time line when to stop maybe you want to finish your stash I don’t know its not a good idea flush my friend jest flush them down the toilet when your ready to and let use know when you do so we can support you with your crash landing we are her for you jest say when.

Your Friend FALCON

• Like 1

I JUST began my freshman year of college... toward a nursing degree. Of all the times for me to decide to quit, such lovely timing. I truly have the worst ADD, I will forget what I am talking about mid-sentence even. So far as plans go, I am going cold turkey. Today was my first day and the main problem was I ate my heart out and my muscles felt like bricks. I went to the gym though and ate healthy, other times I tried to quit I slept all day. I noticed a huge difference by keeping up my exercise and diet this time around. Its so hard to do while in college and the dorms but I think I can do it. I also am going to accept that if my grades fall its not the end of the world and i can try again despite my ADD. I want to know that I got the A, not the pill. How does that sound, anything I should add or do different?

I would suggest you read into the supplements forum here for suggestions that might ease your withdrawl symptoms. If this is day two without adderall, it will likely be your most challenging day of them all especially if you have fo function and go to classes. You will be really tired so just do what it takes to get through the day without adderall. I agree with you that cold turkey is the way to do it. Also, it is quite possible that adderall actually worsened your ADD when taken at abusive dosages. I never had ADD before adderall but I sure as hell suffered ADD symptoms at higher and higher dosages, and it gradually went away after quitting.

Do you have any pills left? If so I would suggest you either flush them, or lock em up somewhere. And when I say flush, what I really mean is to dispose of them somehow; because we really need to consider the well-being of the fish and everybody else donwstream. :)

• Like 1

Ya I skipped class today, I slept 13 hours. :( From quitting before it will hopefully get better in a few days, luckily its the weekend. The longest I've gone is 5 days. Okay I will "flush" them. Have you tried the supplements Do they really make a big enough difference? Thank you so much for talking with me about this, I definitely wouldnt have quit if it wasn't for the advice.

Certain supplements do indeed help:

for depression, 500mg L-Tyrosine at least three times per day taken on an empty stomach. Vitamin D also helps.

for brain fog, take some good fish oil capsules and b-vitamins

for energy, take coffee, tea, redbull, 5 hour energy or nodoze - anything that is not a drug and gives you some energy. A multivitamin with iron can also give you a little boost and enhance your nutritional recovery.

And, most importantly, please let us know when you have flushed those remaing pills - that is a huge step and it means you are serious about quitting.

Good luck today and please keep us posted how you are doing.

Hi, I also have a diagnosis of ADD and there definitely was a time (about the first year or two on addy) when it seemed my life was better because of adderall. I might be overreaching but I can almost 100% guarantee you this: IT. WON'T. ALWAYS. BE. THAT. WAY.

You might want to take a look at the post titled "8 phases of addiction" here... I think for the vast majority of those on adderall (even those prescribed it, like me) this is the path of decline that is just inherent to the nature of this drug. JMHO

I was on it for 7 years. Highest dose was 40mg daily but in the last few years had been taking only about 20mg-30mg daily. Nevertheless, I got quite hooked and it went into the downward spiral inside and out.

Oh, I just noticed you already do know what I'm talking about :blush: Well, welcome then :)

Edited by SomedayDreamer
  • Like 1

@SomedayDreamer... No thank you for reinforcing what they told me, that was just another way to prove their point even more. I appreciate it. Quit-once.. thanks I will definitely get the supplements. I am still working on day 2.. it's hell and also a lot of mental pressure because I am making the worst first impressions at college because it's hard to focus when in a conversation and am tired. I'm staying strong though.. I hope you understand when I say I am still getting up to courage to flush the pills I want to be honest with you though. I will let you know when I do, I know it's the only way to quit. I still believe that I can save it for rare occasions but I know that's so stupid and wrong. So I will do it soon and we can celebrate when I do.

• Like 1

I know it's the only way to quit. I still believe that I can save it for rare occasions but I know that's so stupid and wrong. So I will do it soon and we can celebrate when I do.

I read this book about addiction called "unchain your brain" and I took away the following quote (paraphrase):

Once you have crossed the line from recreational/casual use to dependency/addiction, a return to casual use is simply not possible without an ensuing return of the addiction.

In other words, lifetime abstinence is the only way you can ensure this drug will never fuck with your life again.

Or, you could just take it one day at a time....

Either way, it would be best if you didn't have instant access to your pills right now. Got a locker or a safe deposit box to stash them in?

And after that, when the time is right for you, we will ALL celebrate the flushing of those evil pills!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Length of Adderall Usage: 8yrs

Amount: 10-20mg  / day

Reason for Quitting: I would rather be alive

Male or Female: male

I have been off of adderall for about 14 months now. in one part of my mind, it feels like its been years and years since i've been on it. and in another part, it feels like its been 1 month. everyday is different, but theres always a lingering feeling of inadequecy that I feel. It's been so long without it, yet I still have not come to peace with the fact that I cannot be as efficient a human being as i was on adderall. a lot of my pain comes from my inability to accept my existence. there are times when i physically cannot cope with my body being an entity in a world that i so wrongly fit into, and i just dont want to BE anymore.

There is always an immense feeling of loneliness in my life. being off adderall has isolated me from so many things that existed in my previous identity. I dont insert myself into social situations. i have no motivation to do anything for anyone but myself. i dont have any sort of routine upkeeping my life's important matters. I also have a family history of bipolar disorder and an insatiable craving for LSD. neither of these things probably help, but they are part of me. i dont have many positive expectations in putting all this info out here and getting help that works. but I have a very open mind and my emotions are swung very easily, so GO FOR IT!!

For 3 years I took adderall as prescribed. Once I started abusing, my highest dosage was probably in excess of 120 mgs  a day. This was not everyday, but once I began to binge, which lasted the greater part of the next 3 years, that was the approx dosage. More typically, I would pop about 90mgs daily. For a grand total of about 6.5 years on addy. ; (. 

Salvete All! 

Fw

Btw I would love to meet up in Michigan!