QuittingAdderall.com Forums

wondering who might relate

Cjw31

I aplologize in advance for my grammar and moroseness. I have been a visitor to this site for two years. I have come back many times and flaked out on posting. I will be succinct. I just want to know if anyone can relate to the following. I mean specifically.

1. Stay up for 3-5 days at a time upon filling script

2. Talk to people who aren't there

3. Do really abnormal things inconsistent with regular self

4. Run out of script 20 days early.

5. Crash really hard.

6. Don't look for work.

7. Feel like a big loser.

8. Very very depressed.

9. Continue to take adderall despite the aforementioned

10. Antisocial hate myself a lot

11. Think about dying every day

12. Very very alone

13. Repeat cycle.

• Like 1

Amen Pastor Sky. Perfectly said. But you know I'm a sucker for a little"Buck the fuck.up" anyway. As much as I thought I wanted the warm fuzzy approach when I quit....that woulda never worked!!!! In the back of my twisted head I woulda been goofing on that. Like yeah right. The other way challenges me a little more...I don't get.pissed are all...its like a little Shuv for shuv ..like come on show us what you got. Its always worked in my life like that...so if it ain't broke I ain't fixing it!!! LOL

I'm sorry you are suffering. We have all been there. Your list was very accurate, and brought back lots of horrible memories for me. But the good news is that those things will not plague you forever.... once you stop. In fact, most of those things you describe will disappear within days of not taking adderall.

Adderall isn't just a "study" drug or like a cup of coffee. It's a very serious amphetamine, and is causing major neurological and psychological damage to you right now. You might feel like you have no options, but you do. Your only options are to continue to take adderall and risk losing everything, or to stop, and start to gain your life and sanity back.

Nothing in life is good when you are not in the fog of adderall withdrawal (which it sounds like you are almost all of the time).

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so if I were you I'd go right now and look in a mirror and tell myself that I am better than this; that I'm not going to let some fucking PILL overtake my life and the happiness I deserve, and then go and flush those pills, call my doc and go right to bed for the next week.

Congrats on having the strength or whatever to post here. We hope we can be there for you through your recovery and beyond... the success stories here are phenomenal and there's no reason you can't be one of them.

• Like 1

Yes -- I can relate to most -- especially the moroseness -- chasing a high is depressing, especially in the few moments of lucidity when you can actually feel the damage.

I'm @ 16 days clean and it does get better, even in this amount of time. People often quit when they feel they have hit bottom but there are varying degrees of hitting bottom. Raise your floor and quit now. I get thru the initial discomfort by focusing on how much better it feels not to be drugged 24/7 and constantly fearing an overdose. One thing's for sure once you've reached that point, now matter how far you've fallen it can still get worse. Posting here is an affirmation of your desire to quit. Go for it!

• Like 2

I can also relate. It gets so exhausting going through that every month, and before you know it a year has gone by. This stuff takes a major toll on your body, especially if you're having all of those side effects. Try to muster the strength to just quit while you're contemplating it and don't ever forget what's on that list. That list is important as a reminder of the hell adderall has put you in.

• Like 2

I aplologize in advance for my grammar and moroseness. I have been a visitor to this site for two years. I have come back many times and flaked out on posting. I will be succinct. I just want to know if anyone can relate to the following. I mean specifically.

5. Crash really hard.

6. Don't look for work.

8. Very very depressed.

12. Very very alone

13. Repeat cycle.

Hell yes. I can relate to each and everyone..especially number 1 and number 4. But really ALL of them. Maybe 8 the most. I completely believe adderall addiction causes severe depression in the adderall addict not just because of the depletion of feel good chemicals in their brain but a sadness because of their life circumstances living as an adderall addict.

Ashley mentioned something I really agree with...time just flies by and before you know it you are worse and worse and the hole you dig gets deeper and deeper. And these years you've wasted addicted to adderall, u can never get them back.

5. Crash really hard.

6. Don't look for work.

8. Very very depressed.

12. Very very alone

13. Repeat cycle.

I definitley can relate to # 2 . I had mild psychosis thats one of the main factors that has caused me to stop, and the thought of being permantley re-wired mentally or brain damaged. I'm done. You can do it, it's tough, but I'm thankful I've found this site with people who understand. Hang in there