QuittingAdderall.com Forums

4 days Adderall free

mka

Today's my 4th day without any Adderall, and it's going better than I could have hoped.

Day 1: Woke up at 6, had a mini freak out, called into work, went back to bed till about 11. Then, made myself take a nice bike ride, which helped both my mood and my energy tremendously.

Day 2: Made it to work, but only half a day, better than nothing I guess. After I worked half a day, I slept on and off the rest of the day.

Day 3: Woke up at a decent hour, actually went out shopping with my boyfriend. Felt pretty terrible most of the day. Went for a good long bike ride with my boyfriend Danny, then we went and played on a playground by our house. Eating right and exercising as much as possible helps so much.

Day 4: Went grocery shopping, painted, which was in itself a feat. I have been painting for about 7 years, but always kind of in spurts. Today was amazing, it is the most uninhibited I have felt in a long time, or I guess since before I started taking Adderall 5 years ago.

Bad headaches and lethargy everyday, but also an excellent sense of clear headedness.

In short, it has been an extremely rough 4 days, and I am scared for work tomorrow. BUT, I am staying posi, trying to keep active and busy, and knowing that in the end it will be worth it.

I can't wait to be back to me, I'm not really sure who 'me' is anymore... But I'm ready to find it. I'm 22 years old, and I've only wasted 5 of those years being medicated. I know I can do this, with the support of Danny, this site, and my own will.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young said it best:

'I don't know who I am, but life is for learning"

I can't wait to learn with my own brain, unmotivated, and uninhibited by Adderall and Effexor.

I can do this, you can too.

Attached is a painting I did today. It isn't much, but it made me feel amazing, both doing it, and feeling the end result. Creation from and of myself...and nothing else.

post-288-0-76545200-1307921432_thumb.jpg

4 days and you're already painting? That's really good progress. It felt great painting without the pills, didn't it? I remember the first time I wrote something without Adderall. It came out so much clearer. Adderall helps with technical and mental tasks, but sometimes it suppresses the heart and impulsiveness that good art demands.

Anyhow, congrats on the awesome progress. 11 more days till withdrawals are over! You'll probably get through them even faster if you keep sweating it out on bike rides. B)

I keep having to go under the knife for dental surgeries, so I've spent the last few weeks trapped in my house hopped up on Vicodin, unable to go outside and run/bike until the swelling goes down. I'm jealous of you for getting to go biking!

4 days and you're already painting? That's really good progress. It felt great painting without the pills, didn't it? I remember the first time I wrote something without Adderall. It came out so much clearer. Adderall helps with technical and mental tasks, but sometimes it suppresses the heart and impulsiveness that good art demands.

Anyhow, congrats on the awesome progress. 11 more days till withdrawals are over! You'll probably get through them even faster if you keep sweating it out on bike rides. B)

I keep having to go under the knife for dental surgeries, so I've spent the last few weeks trapped in my house hopped up on Vicodin, unable to go outside and run/bike until the swelling goes down. I'm jealous of you for getting to go biking!

It definitely felt awesome, It was just a little finger painting haha, but it felt great, so I think it's beautiful.

I'm sorry to hear that you're cooped up at home, just stay posi and keep busy.

I know you hear it a lot, but I really appreciate this website. I definitely found it at the right time for me, and reading the different forms and advice has helped me a lot with quitting. You're a great writer, and from the sounds of it, a great guy. Keep it up : )