QuittingAdderall.com Forums

weird/funny relapse dreams, anyone?

SomedayDreamer

I heard relapse dreams happen and last night it happened to me. But it was so weird..

I was sitting watching TV ( my new found hobby and surely it was Breaking Bad cuz I'm totally on to that now, thanks to here) and my oldest daughter walks into the room carrying this tall cup with a dome cover.. like the kind you get at Dairy Queen. She hands it to me with this super-creepy vampire smile on her face, I look and the cup is overflowing with blue pills and orange capsules. She's pushing this cup at my like "Oh, you know you want some" and I picked up a few and swallowed them.. and just like in the movies, I woke up saying "Oh noo!" LOL

I was honest-to-God so relieved when I realized it was just a dream and I did not really relapse.

I feel so left out - I've never had a single relapse or adderall dream ever! Not even when I was on it.

I did, however, dream the other night that I was in an interview and the interviewer said, "hey have you seen this site? it's some crazy website for addicts of adderall, like adderall's some problem or something ha ha"... and then they turned their screen towards me and my profile page was RIGHT THERE!!!

Dreams are so crazy and senseless....It is really entertaining trying to interperet them. But I just usually see them as simple entertainment from within, like a TV show about your own life or something. What I do find interesting, however, is that both MFA and Sky had a similar dream about this website. I think Sky was outed on facebook by somebody who posted on this site in his dream a couple of weeks ago.

I have always wondered if having a really good or pleasant adderall using dream could somehow set you up for a real life relapse?

• Like 1

Great topic! I knew I couldn't be the only person who had adderall dreams...that dream you described is pretty hilarious, SomedayDreamer!

MIA the job interview part does reflect something I've thought about..... with all the failures of internet privacy, being outed from here is an underlying anxiety I can relate to-- especially since you're searching for work. I feel like it's safe here though.

I imagine a positive adderall dream would set someone up for relapse, quit-once. It hasn't happened to me but it did perpetuate my addiction. I used to have frequent adderall dreams when I was taking it regularly, but I only had them when I was about to run out. I used to dream of being handed more. I don't remember specifics but these dreams all reflected a feeling of wanting more. They all featured bright visual images of the pills. They were some of the only dreams I had during that time. So sad, such a fraction of what my dreams could have been.

The other night I dreamed I was asking my former enabler for some. I woke up feeling uncomfortable and horrified about the dream, that my mind would be asking for them. But also honestly VERY relieved that it was only a dream. I'm sure part of me was wishing for it. But that part is the addict mind that leads directly to hell.

I have found that fear of being outed from here diminishes with time. That fear kept me from even joining this site until about three months after I quit. I wonder if I had some paranoid delusions going on? Now look at me, I have even posted pictures of myself without too much concern of being "discovered".

I have had the weirdest adderall dreams...too weird to even describe...but last night i had a horrible one where i was in the doctors office and i was craving it so badly in my dream. then i woke up and wasnt sure if i was craving it when i was awake. i dont think so.

Your recent dream relates to the question I posed in post #3 above. Or in your case, experiencing an unpleasant craving in a dream and then waking up with that same awful feeling. I do believe that dreams can influence how your day goes, but I don't think a dream by itself can cause a person to relapse. But they can sure get a train of thought going that is sometimes hard to control. What I really hate are those recurring dreams that repeat themselves over and over all night long - kinda like ground hog day, lol.

I've had countless adderall dreams since I quit. I don't remember a single one while I was using, which I'm sure there were a few, I just don't remember. They usually involve me doing something in my dream while I'm constantly contemplating how guilty I feel, and debating in my dream if I really did relapse. When I wake up I feel pretty relieved that it wasn't real.

• Like 1

Like Ashley6 I have had countless Adderall dreams since quitting. They usually involve a situation in which Adderall is available or tempting, and I'm scared about not being strong enough to resist. I wouldn't call them nightmares but they're definitely unpleasant and it's a relief to wake up and realize it wasn't real.