QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Breaking Bad

Greg

Only an amphetamine addict can understand this scene (this is a redubbed version so only the first minute and a bit is relevant, then it's a loop). I was sitting there watching it and thought wow, that's exactly what my mind was like sometimes during the times when I'd taken over 80 mg in a short period of time. Focused to a fault on something completely fucking irrelevant.

SPOILER ALERT this is from Season 4....

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Just watched 5 episodes and am hooked on the show. It's reassuring to know that there are worse addictions than Adderall....much worse. I find salvation in my suffering when I see these meth cooked characters. I feel fortunate.

The digging video was one of the episodes I watched. The guy didn't even care that he wasn't digging for anything, other than "it".  "It's down there" was enough reason to pick up the shovel and start digging. Productivity without a goal is certainly a waste of time but also a definition of insanity. This video brings the message home with clarity. So true for much of my time with Adderall.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so excited about the final 8 episodes! Last night was SO good. I want to talk about it, but i know so many people are not caught up yet. But last nights first of the final 8 episodes did not disappoint.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In 2013, Guinness World Records awarded Breaking Bad the highest-rated TV series of all time, citing a Metacritic score of 99/100.

That's fascinating. I would have put Twin Peaks in there, but I'm romanticizing.

It's an interesting commentary on the state of addiction - in all of is. Walter white on power, hank on being a hero, Saul on manipulating people. The only character who didn't seem to have this was Skyler. I stood up from my seat and gave a standing ovation to her in the last episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a show called The Writers Room on the Sundance Channel and one night it had all the writers there from Breaking Bad. They all agreed that the reason for the success of the show was due to the changes the main character, Walter White, went through. Think about it. No other show on TV has ever attempted to change their characters. Seinfeld was always Seinfeld, Archie Bunker was always Archie Bunker and on and on. In Breaking Bad Walter White actually changes from the protagonist to the antagonist as the audience watches him make each conflicted decision along the way. And we get to check out our own ideas on morality in the process. Has the show changed the way we think about what is morally right and wrong?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...