QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Finally Flushed My Pills....

Searchingsoul9

Thank you!!! Tomorrow will be a challenge, but i know i will have to get through it sober.

SearchingSoul it will be a challenge but you will get through it!! Like people have said, let yourself cry and feel crappy and eat sleep etc.! The brain fog will be there and eventually it will start to clear up, gradually. Its OK. Know that you are on a path towards a better life by letting your brain out of that adderall cage!! The withdrawals will eventually get better as you heal, and the quality of your whole life is going start moving in waves uphill now that you finally flushed those pills and will be rebuilding yourself. Just remember your path and try to stay positive. GO YOU!!!

SearchingSoul it will be a challenge but you will get through it!! Like people have said, let yourself cry and feel crappy and eat sleep etc.! The brain fog will be there and eventually it will start to clear up, gradually. Its OK. Know that you are on a path towards a better life by letting your brain out of that adderall cage!! The withdrawals will eventually get better as you heal, and the quality of your whole life is going start moving in waves uphill now that you finally flushed those pills and will be rebuilding yourself. Just remember your path and try to stay positive. GO YOU!!!

Thank you so much. I am making a promise to you all that i will not relapse again. It wont be possible even if i want to. I just wish i could take a quick break from life for a week or 2 to hibernate! haha

xo

If you can take a hibernation break....as much as possible, DO IT!! You're gonna be tired anyways so even if you have to go to work, just do the bare minimum.....become a real high quality slacker LOL.....sleep a bunch and hibernate in your spare time! Why not?! If you had the flu or something you'd be hibernating.....

If you can take a hibernation break....as much as possible, DO IT!! You're gonna be tired anyways so even if you have to go to work, just do the bare minimum.....become a real high quality slacker LOL.....sleep a bunch and hibernate in your spare time! Why not?! If you had the flu or something you'd be hibernating.....

I wish i could!! I will whenever i can, but i have to be up for class at 530am twice a week, plus work, and night classes. It's a horrible time for me to be quitting, but i really have no choice. I so wish i had no obligations!!!

Its sad that doctors who are suppose to be trained to do what's in our best interest seem to be our biggest enablers. Believe me I know. I work for them and see this on a daily basis. Good for you for having the courage to flush the rest of your pills. I don't think that I could have done that.

• Like 2

Seriously, the doctors blow my mind. Here's a story. So the last time I saw my doc was 6 months ago. She had decided to cut back her practice and semi retire, seeing only patients who really needed to talk... which was not the case with me, I only saw her to get my script written.

I completely understood and saw this as my opportunity to quit. She gave me 3 more months of scripts... and then she went and pulled out a big unmarked blank bottle full of pills. The prescription information had been sharpied out. She said "technically I'm not supposed to do this, but here's another three months worth of Vyvanse in case you have trouble finding another doctor."

She meant well, but it's crazy. Do you think doctors take this stuff themselves? I seriously wonder if they really know what it does.

Seriously, the doctors blow my mind. Here's a story. So the last time I saw my doc was 6 months ago. She had decided to cut back her practice and semi retire, seeing only patients who really needed to talk... which was not the case with me, I only saw her to get my script written.

I completely understood and saw this as my opportunity to quit. She gave me 3 more months of scripts... and then she went and pulled out a big unmarked blank bottle full of pills. The prescription information had been sharpied out. She said "technically I'm not supposed to do this, but here's another three months worth of Vyvanse in case you have trouble finding another doctor."

She meant well, but it's crazy. Do you think doctors take this stuff themselves? I seriously wonder if they really know what it does.

Good point. I don't think they know what it does to people. But some don't really seem to want to know

This is a perfect example of why we have to become responsible for our recovery. I think it's absolutely doctor's responsibility to be more aware of what they're prescribing, but unfortunately many aren't. I think if we took a poll here if we had known the risks of this medication before taking it, we wouldn never have started. I know I wouldn't have. We all learned the hard way. I take responsibility for abusing the drug, but if the ease of getting prescribed hadn't been there, I think things would've been much different.

• Like 1