QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Slacking off

BeHereNow

Woohoo! I'm officially caught up with my work that was due one week ago. Only one week behind! LOL. That's not that bad right? Two seminars in a row today. Six hours. I haven't done any of the work for either for this week. I've been keeping up with my teaching, 'cause the kids come first, but for my own seminars its really hard. I have to show up, I can't let my unpreparedness keep me from going...... Gonna walk in there with a smile and just fake it like I did in high school........back in the dinosaur days, before I ever tried adderall.

Just did a google search for "how to slack off in grad school".........hmmmm, I wonder why nothing came up ;)

Damn, this kinda sucks, but I'll probably still be better than I was when I was tweaked out and overprepared... Right?

Looking forward to the day when my productivity levels finally begin to increase....!

I'm in such a similar situation with nursing school. We have clinicals and lectures. The clinicals are a lot better in my opinion because you're working with patients and you can sort of snap back into reality a lot easier...it's easier to see the big picture there... Where as when I'm in lecture I have a very hard time focusing, but when I DO focus I do JUST fine on tests. When I used to be a tweaked-out-know-it-all, it was a lot harder to make friends to study with. No one wanted to study with me, and I dont blame them, I was probably obnoxious! Now I find people are a lot more receptive to me when I can honestly admit, " Ughh, what did we just talk about the past hour in lecture, I was totally lost." People love to help other people, and they are more likely to help you out if you can ask for it and admit you're not perfect. WHAT A CONCEPT, haha, it makes me laugh now seeing how simple it is, but I've found that support from my peers helps keep me productive, they sort of keep me in check....

Maybe someday I'll be able to do that all on my own again, but for now, I'll take all the help and support I can get!

Keep smiling!!

• Like 1

Great point Olivia! It's true, making friends in your classes to help (and help you cope when the work load is too much) is great. I love having work "parties" too, either at home or a coffee shop, usually with just one good friend. That way, work isn't as lonely and you can keep each other in check, and then take breaks together, chat about what you're working on, etc.

Now that I'm off adderall, I'm starting to recognize that working as hard as I was isn't how most of my peers seem to be functioning. Sometimes they too are semi-unprepared.

And you know what? Those seminars yesterday were really not that bad. I faked it really well, I think I may have even learned more and burned out less, and I'm just gonna catch up this week. Not the end of the world. :)