QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Myers Briggs Personality Test

Kyle_Chaos

I took it about 25 years ago and back then I was an ISTJ. Personality type does change with time and I am curious what I would be now. Have you read the book Type Talk? It was written by some of those who first applied this test. Also, there is a really good article written by Mike in the articles section of this web site that discuses these different personality type traits in relation to adderall addiction.

• Like 1

INFP....definatively!! No on the border. The choices were cut and dry...and the results are that I am the coolest fuckin chick ever...LOL. I'm gonna check out mike's article...ISTJ...is my husband ...he's very literal,makes reference to EVERYTHING in those scientific terms...I tell him all the time to ditch the handbook and go with his heart....in a few years we shall see. But really interesting....thanks Kyle ...I had never taken it!!

Also, there is a really good article written by Mike in the articles section of this web site that discuses these different personality type traits in relation to adderall addiction.

Hi, I'm new here and have found this site so so helpful thus far. I am an INFP (as far as I know) and have been searching for Mike's original article on the topic to no avail. Can someone provide a link please? Thanks!

Hi, I'm new here and have found this site so so helpful thus far. I am an INFP (as far as I know) and have been searching for Mike's original article on the topic to no avail. Can someone provide a link please? Thanks!

Sorry, I was wrong. There is a poll entitled "What is your personality type" and a very good article entitled "7 personal traits adderall users have in common". Both of these are located in the articles archive. Just click on the "articles" button at the very top of this page to browse them.

• Like 1

Here's the link.

http://quittingadder...lity-type-vote/

I'm "normally" an ENFJ, but when I was taking adderall I was an INTJ. Now I'm an INFJ, but on the cusp of I and F. I've bored myself by taking this test too many times ;)

Edit: just took it again and now I'm an ISTJ? Maybe I'm just confused... and bored. And procrastinating...

There are a few,

1. This is the "real" one, but it costs money: https://www.cpp.com/products/mbti/index.aspx

2. This one is free http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

3. I really like this one as it gives you the percentage likelihood you're a certain type: http://www.25quiz.com (free)

Have fun!

INFJ

Has anyone taken it? I'm completely obsessed with the test, I've taken it a billion times.

I think it would be neat to see everyone's results on the test.

I'm INTJ, btw.

I'm an INFJ. You say you've taken it a billion times, I'm sincerely curious. Have you found it to be consistent, and applicable to you in real life? In career choices, etc.

Well, I took both of the free tests from MFA's links. The shorter test - link #3 confirmed my ISTJ preference, but the longer test - link #2 - showed me as an INTJ. I am sticking with ISTJ.

Here is what I find very interesting: Not one extrovert, yet, from those who have posted on this thread. Could that be because the E's can talk their problems through with real people or therapists and the I's do better with a virtual setting and communicate better in writing?

• Like 1

Here is what I find very interesting: Not one extrovert, yet, from those who have posted on this thread. Could that be because the E's can talk their problems through with real people or therapists and the I's do better with a virtual setting and communicate better in writing?

pretty sure we are all "real" people around here :). but the point about writing and introverts is true enough. I've found evidence of at least one ENFJ adderallic elsewhere on the internet... his idea, as seems to be Mike's in that MBTI poll, is that there is something about NF's that makes them prone to feeling like they need to be more Sensing-Thinking in order to function properly and so they look to adderall to help them do that.

It is worth mentioning that the actual MBTI is a lot more lengthy and rigorous than any free online version I've seen. I had it done professionally through work a few years ago and you get a booklet that is comprehensive, telling you what is your "dominant" preference percentage under each category, and then whether you are likely "out of preference" (whatever that means). I'm going on memory because there's no way I am going to be able to find the hard copy in my now legendary messy office, but I'll just say that I'm not entirely sure that anyone can count on the validity of the online thingies.

INFP... same as I got years ago before starting adderall.

Although I was more socially avoidant at certain times on adderall (every evening it was leave me the fuck alone!!!) but in the euphoria hour, I was almost obnoxiously extroverted-- and at work meetings I'd even get a bit "cocky" (or since I'm a girl, I guess I woulda been called "pushy bitch" :P) Anyways, so not me for real and it didn't make me more effective, I just thought it did.

I embrace my INFP-ness (penis? hehe .. nvrmind,I guess can still be obnoxious :) )

• Like 1

It is worth mentioning that the actual MBTI is a lot more lengthy and rigorous than any free online version I've seen. I had it done professionally through work a few years ago and you get a booklet that is comprehensive, telling you what is your "dominant" preference percentage under each category, and then whether you are likely "out of preference" (whatever that means). I'm going on memory because there's no way I am going to be able to find the hard copy in my now legendary messy office, but I'll just say that I'm not entirely sure that anyone can count on the validity of the online thingies.

I actually have to take the lengthy version of this for my management class. Its costing us over a hundred bucks. and then we have to write a paper on it. Then we get a huge print out of the analysis. our professor says that it normally costs several hundred dollars and this a bargain..uh..

Anyway, Ill post any info i get from it if i can.

It's funny because about a week ago I was obsessed with it...and I took one of the free ones and I got ESFJ but now that I have to write an analysis paper on it, my enthusiasm for it has changed. I am curious though if the lengthier version will yield different results from the free one.

By the way, there are two other assessments you might want to check out. The first is called the FIRO-B and the second is called the TKI.

• Like 1

It's funny because about a week ago I was obsessed with it...and I took one of the free ones and I got ESFJ but now that I have to write an analysis paper on it, my enthusiasm for it has changed. I am curious though if the lengthier version will yield different results from the free one.

By the way, there are two other assessments you might want to check out. The first is called the FIRO-B and the second is called the TKI.

I'd like to eventually pay to have the official one taken.

I may check those out sometime, thanks.

• 2 months later...

Yeah INTJ! As of 7 years sgo anyway..... I wonder if my 3.5-year relapse back into adderall-land changed that....

I don't think people change all that much. Normally when I am just coming off of a relapse, I test ISTJ..and then after a few months, when I take it again, I tend to get INTJ.