QuittingAdderall.com Forums

will i have.... after adderall?

porcelain

It's really hard for me to imagine life without adderall, as I have been on it for 8yrs. Now my max dose even seems to be not working. So here is a list of things I am worried about losing when I stop adderall... I would love any feedback, words of wisdom... hope.

Will I have...

- curiosity?

- any attention span?

- motivation?

- interests?

- energy?

- focus?

Does everyone who goes off it gain weight? I've also read that when you're on adderall for awhile, it can eventually make you depressed & lacking in sex drive. How long does it take to get all these things back?

I feel miserable when I don't take adderall for a day (which I've only actually tried once or twice). I'm afraid of being unhappy, lethargic, & less of all the things I am now. How long until I start feeling the positive effects?

As a side, I also no longer drink - I've been sober for over 3yrs now. I thought maybe someone with the same experience(s) could tell me how it's similar or different.

Thanks for reading - there's so much on this site that I often get overwhelmed & feel like I need a pill just to remain focused enough to get through all the material!

I have a feeling you will... but I am not really experienced. I just have a few questions. What is something you are passionate about? Something you want to do all the time? Is there a book that you love, or anything you love to read? Also, what is your current situation? do you have a job that you will have to go to while you go through withdrawl? Also, how old were you before you started taking adderall and what were you like?

I'll take a stab at these...

curiosity?

Yep! This never goes away.

any attention span?

Nope. Not for a while. Unless you really, really care about the thing.

motivation?

It will come in small, infrequent bursts. And then you'll learn to farm it.

interests?

These will flower and grow beyond your wildest imagination.

energy?

Not until you develop and exercise habit and a consistent sleep cycle.

focus?

You will have to rebuild it. Same thing as for attention span.

Hope that helped! :D

• Like 2