QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I will finish this project TODAY.

BeHereNow

(I'm posting this to hold myself accountable. If I say it publicly then it has to happen right?)

Well I've been working on this project for a couple months now. I've been fighting major writer's block, but also finding ways around it. I've done lots of careful thoughtful research and I'm way over the page limit of course, which means I'm just really inspired and probably in over my head.

But for some reason I haven't been able to bring myself to hand it in and be done even though it's late. This is the last thing standing between me and finishing my first adderall-free semester of grad school.

I think I've been working on it slowly because I'm scared it won't turn out as good as my work used to on adderall.

I think I might also be self-sabotaging a little.

And maybe I care a little too much about it.

Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist.

But all of this is about to change TODAY. I WILL finish and submit this project TODAY.

I'm going to make it crappy.... REALLY REALLY CRAPPY.

I'll post an update once it's done, and no sooner.

• Like 1

JUST SUBMITTED IT!!!! Everything always takes longer than I expect, and it's not 100% perfect, but I JUST GOT IT DONE!!!

This means I have officially just finished my first adderall-free semester!!!! I survived 3 intense grad seminars AND teaching my own courses!!-- WITHOUT STUPID ADDERALL!!!!!!

So far I have an A and an A- and an incomplete that hopefully will also turn into something good-- but even if it doesn't--I KNOW I did my best and put a lot of effort in, and I'm happy with that. Slow and steady and patient.

This project has caused me sooo many PAWS days and cravings. But sending it in today I know it's a good thing I'm not on adderall anymore, because if I were I'd be obsessing over all the details of this thing for at least the next month or two. Feels pretty good to actually get something done for once!

Quitting is so worth it!!

Also: Yesterday was my adderall-free anniversary-- 5 months clean!!!!! YEAH!

• Like 3

great news. biggrin2.gifbiggrin2.gifbiggrin2.gif I was just checking on this site to see if you'd posted yet, and was happy to see this!

Congrats on surviving the semester!! Those grades should prove to yourself of your awesomeness without any crutch in your life. We have PMd each other about how tough it is to plow through the semester as recovering adderall addicts. I am really proud of you.

Take a deep breath now and celebrate, for the time being you are free! And how awesome was that feeling when you clicked submit and got that paper out of your hands permanently?? faint.gif

• Like 2

You go girl! Seems like there are a few really great stories of freedom from adderall + academic and professional success on here this last week. I was thinking how cool it is to have some wins that show what can be accomplished if you believe in yourself and life beyond withdrawals and cravings. I'm so proud of you!

• Like 1

Thanks friends <3 I love how we celebrate success stories and share our challenges on here, and encourage and inspire each other.

I was pretty surprised I pulled this off. Looking back on how, I think it was all a matter of patience and spending the time, even if it takes longer, and also getting shit done (make it crappy!) Maybe I was also working harder/better because I knew I didn't have that crutch anymore, and also had no fake adderall-induced self confidence, so it was all on ME and I may have started putting even more into everything. The fact that my anxiety / stress / overwhelmed feelings are reduced helps me 'work smarter not harder' now that I'm clean.

I think you're right on Ashley, our successes show what a terrible liar adderall is. We are so much smarter and stronger than that soul crushing drug! It really doesn't make anyone smarter, and it doesn't necessarily lead to better results.

P.S. I have no idea how to do them either but I do appreciate the smilies! :laugh:

• Like 1

Ok just a little update on this success story:

I now have all my final grades back! I was so worried that quitting adderall would fuck over my GPA. I was so dependent on adderall, I thought I needed it and could not function without it etc. Anyway, turns out my GPA has gone up!!!! This quitting semester I somehow pulled the best GPA I've gotten in all 5 semesters of grad school.

It's official: QUITTING ADDERALL IMPROVED MY GPA AND THE QUALITY OF MY WORK.

(Not to mention the quality of my life.)

I responded to this post, and its not thereemot-questioned.gif

I just want to say, really, occasional1, fantastic job. I know you worked really hard for this. And adderall free! And you are debunking the widespread myth that adderall equals academic success.

Congratulations!!!!

groupwave.gif

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...