QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Just a little rant.

Just frustrated and need to be heard.

I know it is very possilbe to quit. Just a matter of figuring out how to function in life in a productive manner should I do so.

My life is so very different when I am not medicated. Cannot (yet) figure out how I am going to work, etc. if I am not on it. For now, I'd even be happy if I would just stick to the normal prescribed dosage. My tolerance is so beyond that though.

Life would be so incredibly different, had I not done this to myself. I know what I am doing is wrong when I take more than I should. Just depressed thinking about my life and the choices I have made leading up to this moment.

Sorry to come on with such a melancholy outlook on this. It is comforting, however, to know that there are people who TRULY understand.

Findingfreedom,

Living in that cycle is just plain exhausting. I would say a lot of what you're thinking and feeling is the adderall making you feel that way. I was such a negative downer when using, but I thought I needed it to be happy...oh the irony. Whole you're abusing, the adderall is controlling you, not you controlling the adderall. Quitting, as hard and scary as it may be, is the only way to find freedom again....you're in adderall's hands right now, but you don't have to be. Hang in there!

• Like 2

Was on Adderall for 15 years (at between 30 - 40 milligrams a day for severe ADHD) ... I thought quitting would literally be next to impossible ... One day I decided to refrain from taking it--just to see how I do without it ... To my astonishment it hasn't been NEARly as bad as I was expecting ... I think the hell of the anticipation of quitting is like a thousand times worse than when you actually quit ... Been off it now for about eleven days and still feel really, REALLY good and relieved about it ... Just my two cents.

• Like 2

Finding freedom,

From what you are saying, correct me if I'm wrong, you like the idea of quitting Adderall, but feel that you're not sure you could function without it. Is that correct? What exactly do you not like about Adderall? Be specific as possible. How would your life be different/better if you quit? List all the advantages/disadvantages of both staying on Adderall and quitting Adderall. Once you can wrap your mind around which option is better suited for you, you may find yourself having more motivation to change even if it sounds hard. Hope this helps! :) Good luck!

Finding Freedom,

One more thing to mention. I was just in a Smart Recovery meeting and they brought up the following analogy which I thought was cool.

Quitting an addiction is somewhat like breaking into a pair of really comfortable penny loafers. It's uncomfortable in the beginning for like the first 3 days. You could just choose not to wear them and avoid the discomfort, but then you'd be missing out on a great pair of awesome shoes in the long run. Override short term discomfort to achieve long term pleasure. ;)

• Like 1