QuittingAdderall.com Forums

1 year, sorta

resetBrain

It's been a year today since I quit using Adderall and Vyvanse.

Except for a 1-day, 15 mg Adderall replase in early February. During that week in February, I had missed a lot of sleep, was dealing with the insurance company about my totalled Jeep and I was trying to process what happened with a family member's suicide and whether I could make it to a memorial service 1400 miles away. The next day, I gave the rest of my Vyvanse and Adderall on hand to a friend to get rid of for me. He flushed it.

I still have three or four 5 MG Adderall tablets in a drawer. I don't know why.

• Like 3

Wow, AWESOME!!!!  Congratulations!!!!

I love hearing all the recent success stories on here.  It makes me so :).  So just wondering...now that you have made it a year...was it as hard as you thought it would be?  What things did you struggle with the most?  Has it gotten easier?  What words of wisdom would you give to anyone out there still suffering?  I really can't wait to hear your answers. I am honestly so far away from Adderall at this point I forget what it was like at time, but I think that all you newbies are such a great inspiration to those still conflicted with this problem as it is still so fresh in your mind.  And the more you help the new guys, the better you feel about your own recovery.  I love how that works.  Anyhow, I'm babbling. 

Congrats again Reset!!

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS rB on ONE YEAR!!!!!

I'm so glad you made this achievement. I am happy for you and hope that you have found a place with more well being and peace after investing so much time and energy. I know that anniversary dates aren't magical events that make you suddenly all better, but they do serve as markers for success.

I haven't forgotten the help you gave me on my journey so far. Know that you are loved for helping others while struggling with your own issues.

I hope you do something nice for yourself to mark this occaision.

• Like 3

Like Jon says, anniversary dates aren't magical events that make you suddenly all better...and I wish, especially for the sake of you guys that are at the three-month mark, or the three-week mark or the three-day mark, that I had MORE sunshine and roses to report...

Honestly, though, I don't feel like I'm back yet. I mean I know I will never be just like I was before, that's not how life works.

I still have considerable mood/depression issues...but I think I have a greater-than-average tendency toward that anyway. And, aside from issues with quitting Adderall and Vyvanse, this has been the hardest year in my life ever.  Losing the family member I mentioned previously is the most profound grief I have ever known. I'm trying not to make this whole post about him , but other than my son, there is no one I have ever been more bonded with.

So I don't have the pre-Adderall energy levels and self confidence back yet. However there has been enormous improvement. And I see people saying, hey, sometimes it takes 18 months, sometimes it takes 2 years. I mean, check it out, Liltex is calling me a newbie! :)

Liltex, it has been harder than I thought it would be, just cuz, hey, at this time last year, I thought it would all be a cake walk after about 6 months.  :)  :D  :)

People say it over and over, but, again, THIS SITE JUST ROCKS. YOU GUYS JUST ROCK.

And as for the sunshine and roses, I think one of the best changes in me is my chilling out with the rage and temper and lashing out at people. Especially toward my kid.

• Like 4