QuittingAdderall.com Forums

" THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE RELOADED" WELCOME ALL!

Freedom's Wings

We'll be here when you're ready Amy don't worry. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. You just need to make the decision and prepare yourself to see it through with a plan. Do it at the right time when you can take a break from work and your other life responsiblities. You can't just expect to go on with your normal life immediately. You need to make a situation where you will have nothing to do but watch netflix, sleep and feed yourself for at least a month in order to make it a successful first month in my opinion. Set yourself up for success. If you don't, your responsibilities of life will cause you stress which will in turn make it easy to relapse. Good luck and just know we can help you make this happen!

• Like 3

Amy,

While quitting for good the first time is ideal for us all, for many of us several times attempting to quit is part of the process. You are not alone! Keep fighting!

So true. Amy don't give up. Also don't stop posting, we are all here for you. This has happened to all of us at some point. Start over whenever you're ready. But seriously don't feel ashamed or embarrassed, I'm glad you told us.

• Like 1

Thank you for being awesome. I should've known you would be. I don't understand it but I'm grateful everyone doesn't think I'm as big a shit bag as I I think I am.

The mistake I made is pretty obvious. I knew I was going to cave but I refused to take the last step and call my dr. I'm terrified of shutting the door on my beloved soul sucking addiction. Calling the dr is final. I couldn't. Or rather, I wouldn't. The root of it for me is something quit once mentioned somewhere last week- accepting I can't take it- ever. Accepting I'm powerless- not just saying it but believing it- I can't do that. I know that I can dig deep and do it right. I can. But I'm 3 days in, and I'm not. I hate it. I hate me. What a hypocritical, gung-ho Sally Douchebag I was. I feel super stupid for getting on here and doing what I do best- bitching and taking any opportunity to prove I'm funny, I'm smart, I'm not threatening or flirty, I'm not super mom, like me, love me. I'm a goddamn mess. And it's fitting I'm here. When I quit I read posts by people who were struggling, & I'd think, shit or get off the pot. Either do the work to end the supply, buck up and feel shitty for a bit (because you deserve it for being an idiot and creating this mess) or don't quit and stop bitching. It's not nuclear physics.

Karma.

I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas. Giving your time to build up people and cheer them on and see so many disappear or pop by randomly to vent- you're saints. I would be over it SO fast. Not only are you NOT over it but you're not mean or condemning or using this as your soapbox. You guys just cheer. Unreal.

I hope to be back sooner than later. Thank you again for the time you took for me.