QuittingAdderall.com Forums

This is a good idea. I need to give some thought on this as to what I want to pledge. Great way to end 2013 and start 2014.

Hey ZKewl,

I'm glad you like the concept. I never even realized the time frame being the end of the year; but I do agree it is a great way to get the New Year's ball rolling. The good thing about these pledges is they help to bring us current and they don't have to be some astronomical feat, just small changes that lead to a great results.  I look forward to hearing your pledge ideas; Perhaps we may get some sort of idea list going and be able to piggy back off another's thoughts. Til next time. Be Well!

• Like 2

Perhaps you could guide us on how you came to your answers for step #1 - I've always sucked at putting lists together that describe me at any period in time.

Jus, 

I'm no list wonder myself; but the way I came up with the answers for #1 was I just basically asked myself how I felt about me, thought about what I've heard others say about me, and asked myself what adjectives I would like to represent my nature. That helped me narrow it down to 3 basic traits to try to focus on at least initially.  

I admire all the work you put into this Freedom's Wings. I think you are amazing to even be able to think clearly at this stage in your quit.

Commitments scare the hell out of me, because I'm afraid I won't keep them...but here goes: I pledge to do something physical every day. No time duration, just the execution of physical movement. It could be some pushups, some curls, some yoga, a walk, but something that involves bodily movement and exertion of energy. I will keep a log.

• Like 3

I admire all the work you put into this Freedom's Wings. I think you are amazing to even be able to think clearly at this stage in your quit.

Commitments scare the hell out of me, because I'm afraid I won't keep them...but here goes: I pledge to do something physical every day. No time duration, just the execution of physical movement. It could be some pushups, some curls, some yoga, a walk, but something that involves bodily movement and exertion of energy. I will keep a log.

Thank you Jon. This sounds like a nice idea. I am sure you have it in you. I will be on the look out for your log; commitments freak me out too, but I figure hell it's worth a try, even if I fail over and over at this point at least i'm trying, The same is true for you. lol and really I'm a mess right now but like I said, I'm trying for what it's worth.  :D  Also, I'm trying to stay as close to the site as possible. You guys really are my only refuge so I just thought it might be nice to try and help us ban together in some mindful way on this thing.  

• Like 1

Also, I'm trying to stay as close to the site as possible. You guys really are my only refuge so I just thought it might be nice to try and help us ban together in some mindful way on this thing.  

Here Here to that FW. This site is my new addiction.

Jon, I would like to join you in this journey - say the next 30 days?  If we started yesterday, my day 1 included shoveling the sidewalk and snowblowing the driveway.  I think I have a SLAP tear in my left shoulder 'cause the pain was excrutiating.  I really need to lose this extra 20 lbs. and I think that this would be a good way to do it.

• Like 2

Jon, I would like to join you in this journey - say the next 30 days?  If we started yesterday, my day 1 included shoveling the sidewalk and snowblowing the driveway.  I think I have a SLAP tear in my left shoulder 'cause the pain was excrutiating.  I really need to lose this extra 20 lbs. and I think that this would be a good way to do it.

Justin, It will be great to have you on board. I like it because it gives me the freedom to do anything physical, rather than commit to one activity and doing stuff that is necessary, like snow removal, counts as something physical.

My work schedule doesn't fit to commiting to do one activity. Routine is something I lack in my job and it really sucks for recovery. I'm looking at my work options very closly right now. 

• Like 2

For Day 2 I worked on my plane for an hour in the basement but I wasn't completely satisfied that it was active enough to meet the challenge so I did 40 crunches, tried to see if my shoulder could handle pushups (it couldn't), and I ended with 3 repetitions of shoulder strengthening exercises on each side.

• Like 2

*Yawn* So i'm pooped. After a long day of hunting for a new car to buy, I'm finally home. Things seemed to go well...We'll see. Anybody got any info on Cadillac SRX's? Oh, and by the way I appear to have lost my wallet and you know what right now I don't even care. Why you ask? Well BE-CAUSE i'm POOOooooped. Goodnight everyone!

• Like 1

Day 3 - 42 minutes of Wii Fit Plus and I'm down almost 3# for the week!

The SRX has a lot of things going for it (like not using the Vortech 4200 inline 6), the one that I test drove was garbage.  The engine sounded like a coffee grinder (V6) and acceleration was less than stellar.  I suspect that the V8 version is the one to buy if it has AWD.  For similar money you can get an Acadia without the Cadillac markup.  The Suzuki version of the Acadia is the real bargain because Suzuki has such a bad reputation; don't be fooled, it is the same vehicle.  I decided that I was done with GM (the Corvette is my only exception) due to the poor quality of my Envoy so I ended up with a Toyota Highlander.

• Like 1

Day 3 - 42 minutes of Wii Fit Plus and I'm down almost 3# for the week!

The SRX has a lot of things going for it (like not using the Vortech 4200 inline 6), the one that I test drove was garbage.  The engine sounded like a coffee grinder (V6) and acceleration was less than stellar.  I suspect that the V8 version is the one to buy if it has AWD.  For similar money you can get an Acadia without the Cadillac markup.  The Suzuki version of the Acadia is the real bargain because Suzuki has such a bad reputation; don't be fooled, it is the same vehicle.  I decided that I was done with GM (the Corvette is my only exception) due to the poor quality of my Envoy so I ended up with a Toyota Highlander.

Congrats on day 3 of sticking to your pledge Justin. You are on a slow and steady roll! Keep it up! I've only exercised once this far this week. I look forward to getting in a couple more sessions. 

Thanks for the feedback on the SRX, so your overall opinion is the the SRX sucks, just to be clear? The one I test drove was a V6 and AWD. What is  the Vortech 4200 inline 6? 

Actually, I liked the interior design and the fact that the door jams were all covered to prevent rust.  I was looking at used (2008 40k miles), not new and I know that how the vehicle is cared for makes all the difference.  The interior was trashed by kids and carseats (light color leather + kids = bad).  I looked underneath it and saw yellow paint marker on some frame members probably meaning that it had been in a wreck and they were parts from a salvage yard.  It also didn't have 3rd row seating which was a requirement for my wife.  I really tried to sell myself on it but it wasn't meant to be.  If it is well cared for, it's quick enough for you, and it meets your mission then I don't see a good reason why you would walk away from it.  The used car market is about the individual vehicle and not so much about make and model.

Vortech 4200 inline 6 = 6 cylinder engine that is used in the Envoy, Trailblazer, Ranier, and Canyon.  It has some really stupid design quirks that make it so maintenance can get really expensive.  For example, you have to pull the engine out of the vehicle to replace the oil seal on the front cover.