QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Runners Club - NEW

Greg

I actually prefer running in cold weather! 18 degrees is pushing it though. My ideal temp is 25-30. It feels invigorating! Unfortunately the cold here has been accompanied by snow/ice/rain lately :(

Key gear for me in any temps cooler than 50 is a hat or headband. Does anyone else get crazy earaches from running in the cold? This happens to me while biking too. Anyway, with a headband or thick hat all is good.

Next most important: gloves, obviously.

I'm with you Occasional on the ski base layers and fleece tights.

Hoping the rain clears up soon, I'm jazzed for some cool runnings (hey, it's Olympic season).

• Like 3

Hey guys!

I just found out about the Tough Mudder... http://toughmudder.com/

Have you guys heard of this? I am SO signing up.

I told my brothers gf today about it and she was like YOUR brothers been dying to do this for the last 2 years so I think we may sign up together for it in the spring. Let's all do it!!!!

Ya'll are crazy for running in the cold. But I keep doing yoga for an hour and a half in a room of 105 degrees haha There is too much snow on the ground to go running outside but . . .

InRecovery - I'm going to FL too, this Friday to visit my bf for almost 2 weeks... so excited. I'm so pale and can't wait to go jogging outside and maybe go to the beach, I really hope its beach weather! Have a great trip!

• Like 2

Hey guys!

I just found out about the Tough Mudder... http://toughmudder.com/

Have you guys heard of this? I am SO signing up.

I told my brothers gf today about it and she was like YOUR brothers been dying to do this for the last 2 years so I think we may sign up together for it in the spring. Let's all do it!!!!

Ya'll are crazy for running in the cold. But I keep doing yoga for an hour and a half in a room of 105 degrees haha There is too much snow on the ground to go running outside but . . .

InRecovery - I'm going to FL too, this Friday to visit my bf for almost 2 weeks... so excited. I'm so pale and can't wait to go jogging outside and maybe go to the beach, I really hope its beach weather! Have a great trip!

It is really beautiful here. Definitely going to the beach / sunbathing weather! The coldest it will get is high 60s. Well I guess it depends where in Florida, because I heard a few weeks ago in the very northern part of Florida they actually saw some snow...but here it is beach weather..One of my coworkers went snorkeling with manatees last week.. And I wear tees and shorts everyday.. (I hope occasional doesn't throw snowballs at me) anyway I'm sure u will have a great trip !
  • Like 2

monday - bikram yoga (1 & 1/2hr.)
tuesday - rest day
wednesday - bikram yoga (1 & 1/2hr.)
thursday - rest day
friday - rest day - traveled to FL and celebrated Valentines day with the boy, bubbly and chocolate
saturday - ran 4.21 miles
sunday (today) - 1 hour hike w/ macmac (pup) and against the current ocean kayaking

I wanted to post a pic of my dog on the hike but I couldn't figure out how to post a picture... can someone please fill me in lol I feel like an idiot.

Sweetcarolinee,

Great job!!! I want to see your dog! If you're using your phone, you have to click on full version on the bottom, and it will give you the option to upload an attachment. I don't get on here on my computer much, so I'm not sure about that.

I did 0 miles this week. I wasn't looking forward to this check-in Sunday :( Booo! It's time to pick it up next week! How'd the rest of you do?

• Like 2

I got 4.25 miles of running total.  No gym trips this week, but I did spend probably 4-5 hours dancing this weekend :D

Took the weekend off from my no alcohol streak.  I went 33 or 34 days, then took 3 days off and I'm getting back on that wagon today.  Even after a couple beers Friday night, I spent the next day just wanting all those toxins out of my body.  My mood was off too.  I think I'm much happier when I'm alcohol-free.  My adderall cravings and PAWS days are reduced too.

Going running in the sunshine to celebrate  :D 

Great job this week friends!!!

• Like 2

There's always this week InRecovery!!!

I'm trying to work on making running more of a priority.  Otherwise I'd never go.  I want to get on a semi-regular running schedule.  It's so important to our mental and physical health, I think work is probably never worth losing out on running.  Or sleep, or food.  (So much easier said than done....)

Got a head start on this week.  Did 6 miles yesterday.  It was AMAZING! So beautiful!!

• Like 1

There's always this week InRecovery!!!

I'm trying to work on making running more of a priority.  Otherwise I'd never go.  I want to get on a semi-regular running schedule.  It's so important to our mental and physical health, I think work is probably never worth losing out on running.  Or sleep, or food.  (So much easier said than done....)

Got a head start on this week.  Did 6 miles yesterday.  It was AMAZING! So beautiful!!

This is my worst week so far in terms of work. Horrific exams headed my way. Sunday will be impossible for me to make...i will check in early with Zero for this coming Sunday.

But after that..you are absolutely right. 'Normal' work levels should never take away from running. And I have been letting it take away from running. Next week I will be back on track. I will make the time for it. 

• Like 2

Good luck with your exams InRecovery!!! I think you've banked way more than enough miles to take time off  :)  Plus, I've heard that supposedly it's important even for professional athletes to take some time off here and there.

Work and working out..... ugh, It's such a tough balance to strike.   I don't know if I ever will.  I mean on the one hand, running helps me clear my mind, it's inspiring, builds endurance mental and physical, and it helps me feel better about having to sit still and work for hours.  Also, it's confidence-building.  But on the other hand it's still time away from school and has to be de-prioritized at times.  

Sometimes I wonder if I could get myself on a really strict schedule, if I could fit more in.  More work, and more working out.   Anyone use a schedule to keep yourself in check?  

I got my 12 in early this week, did 6 miles on Monday and 6.9 on Wed.  It felt pretty good to get it done and not procrastinate (isn't that always the case with procrastination...?)  And now I'm really glad I did because I got my miles in before I caught another horrible cough/cold.    

Both of which have meant some serious slacking off for me this week, work-wise....... :/

• Like 2

OK!  sunday update here.  Been aggressively fighting off this cough/cold monster and I'm pretty sure it's on its way out.  Ran 4 miles today, which felt GREAT but hopefully won't cause this virus to linger....  

17 miles total this week.  No gym time, but got some planks push ups and sit ups too.  Might do some more tonight if I'm up for it.

• Like 2

monday - 2 hour hike
tuesday - didn't do shit - drove to the east coast to visit the grandfolks
wednesday - nada
thursday - nada
friday - ran 2.5 miles
saturday - ran 5.4 miles
sunday - hungover

I didn't do so great this week. But I was visiting my grandfolk and then went to my bf lakehouse. Once I get home from FL, Wednesday I will start my yoga back up and try to keep running! I really wanna do the Tough Mudder!

• Like 1

InRecovery (and the rest of my fellow quitters),

I got my résumé done YESTERDAY (I gave myself until the 28th...ha) Anyway, I applied three places, and I got a call back today! I have an interview next Wednesday. I'm not confident about getting the job (especially since this will be my first real interview), but it's exciting! I just wanted to share!

• Like 4

Awesome Ashley!!!! I got two interviews for internships, and one of them i got and the other one i still have to go through another round. They are solid internships, but I really want to shoot for THE BEST i can possibly get (too ambitious?) And if we are going to do the three a day thing. at least for me, that would mean applying to a lot of places and more opportunities and possibly turning down stuff in order get better.

Think of your first interview as practice - relax, be  yourself, dont feel desperate or anything because you will have plenty opportunties if you do this 3-5 a day thing...and remember in your interview try to be a good fit. Be someone they will want to work with everyday. That's more important then impressing with credentials etc. of course express enthusiasm. I didnt read any interview books or anything before my interviews because I didnt want to sound rehearsed, I googled interview tips and just read through quickly, studied the company the most. and then i just talked regular. Also I took xanax before my interview, lol. which helped a lot.

Anyway, good luck! Are we still doing the three to five a day thing?

• Like 4

InRecovery (and the rest of my fellow quitters),

I got my résumé done YESTERDAY (I gave myself until the 28th...ha) Anyway, I applied three places, and I got a call back today! I have an interview next Wednesday. I'm not confident about getting the job (especially since this will be my first real interview), but it's exciting! I just wanted to share!

Congrats Ashley!!!! That is a huge achievement and something to be proud of!!!  :)  I'll be excited to hear how it goes.

I just wanted to add...... ANY workplace would be lucky to have you!!!  I know I don't know you in person, but as my long-time quitting buddy, I know how incredible you are.  I hope you know it too!  So just don't ever forget that, no matter what.  

It's a tough economy and job hunting is tough.  Whatever happens, don't ever forget that YOU'RE AMAZING.  I admire you in so many ways!!!   I'm saying this as a pep talk / confidence booster (even if you didn't ask for it) & as something to remember throughout your interviews & your job searching journey.  

Also: don't forget that YOU are interviewing them!  So get them talking and bring some good questions! :) You'll do great!

• Like 2