QuittingAdderall.com Forums

" THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE RELOADED" WELCOME ALL!!

Freedom's Wings

This page is for anyone just starting out, or attempting to get that 1st 30 days of clean time, free from adderall.

Anyone can post to this page:

The format is simple; For 30 days pledge your sobriety to yourself and make it official by posting daily to this tread either "confirming" or "denying" whether you have abstained from taking addy for that day.

Ex: Day 4: Confirmed!

Do this for 30 days, and, at the end congratulate yourself on a tough but well worth it start toward rebuilding a new, sober, and more beautiful you!

FW

• Like 4

I love this! What a great idea. Count me in :)

Day 17: CHECKMATE!!!!!

It's been hard so far. Went for my first exercise (Off the "A" word) Saturday -- which was my 2 week mark of being clean. I was able to jog for an hour but since my legs have been killing me. I'm still very hungry and tired all the time, can't focus and have a lack of motivation to do anything besides stay off this bad stuff. On a brighter note, overall I feel pretty damn good, happy, and thankful to be alive! Life is more beautiful on the other side.

*Thank you guys for starting this!*

• Like 4

Thank you so much Justin! I appreciate it and everyones support so much. It means a lot. I think my new addiction is this site...

Day 18: Check

This morning I got up early and did my first Bikram Yoga (hot yoga) class for 90minutes and it was AMAZING -- I think I'm already hooked. At the end, I was dizzy and thought I might pass out but before I knew it, it was over and almost 2 hours later, I feel like a million bucks. You guys, I'm not kidding, I feel high on life right now. You all should try it and you may get hooked too. My mind and body is at ease but more focused and motivated at the same time, than it has been since quitting! I'm thinking/hoping this will give me energy for the rest of the day. I also think starting my day off with exercise is helping me to stay on track being/eating healthy, which is great.

Not only am I doing this 30 day "clean" challenge, tomorrow I think I will sign up for the 30 day/30 classes "Bikram Yoga" challenge… woot woot!

Hope everyone is doing wonderful, I'll send love towards everyones way :)

• Like 3

Welcome to day 2 Luckyducky!  I have enjoyed my children so much more since quitting adderall.  They even say that they want me to stay home from work on their days off school because I am "fun" and my son no longer is afraid of me.  That never would have happened a year ago.  Hold them close on your bad days and they will brighten your life.

• Like 3

Haha!! I am on day 19 guys WOOT WOOT!!!! I never thought I would get so far. Thank you all so much for everything, I love this site and it reallt has made all the difference in my staying clean.

I meant to get on here sooner, been so busy! I didn't get to go do yoga today :( I was wayy to sore... I felt like Gumby when I got up lol My arms hurt so much like someone pulled them. I will try to go tomorrow morning and start the 30 classes/30 days challenge!!! I'm so glad LuckyDucky is on here now too, you go, we got this and thank you Justin and Freedom's Wings for all the support, you both ROCK my socks...

Speaking of socks, I am a Jets/Mets fan so that makes me a Boston fan as well!!! I'm totally corny but I love that song, it never gets old ;)

I gotta go to bed guys but hope everyone had an amazing day and I will talk to ya'll tomorrow! :)

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much Justin, Freedom's Wings, and Jon -- ya'll have been AMAZING!!!

Day 20: success :)

I'm not feeling too good today guys, I think I may have a fever. I'm not sure though. I'm gonna hit the hay early tonight and hope I wake up feeling way better and able enough to go to yoga. . . because I didn't go today :( I've been in bed all day. I also hope I feel better tomorrow so I can get on here and talk to all the new members and of course, the awesome regulars. And I have a lot of work to get done. It's been hard. I need to step up my game. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hearts!

Hey everyone,

Day 21 & 22: confirmed (yay!)

Yesterday I woke up feeling a lot better, I think I just needed some sleep and I went to my 2nd hot yoga class yesterday morning. It was great, I'm super sore today. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I woke up this morning and it was SNOWING and freezing outside. I hope everyone keeps warm and safe in this weather.

Today I feel really refreshed and have more energy than I have had -- I think from starting to work out and I started to eat extra clean and healthy yesterday. I think this will be a huge part of my recovery and healing process. Since quitting, I figured out I need to make a full 180 and completely change my lifestyle (old way of life full of Adderall, unhealthy eating, and drinking a lot) to never go back to that pill/unhealthy habits.  So yesterday I made a personal tumblr blog (like an online journal) to write down and keep track of my lifestyle change and my process and progress. This may sound crazy but I'm trying to keep note of what I'm eating/putting into my body, my workouts, how I feel, recipes, etc. to keep me motivated and to inspire others. I think this will help me with staying clean and starting my healthy new lifestyle. I think this will help me be more consistent and motivate me to stay on track and not go back to my old, bad habits so we'll see. I'm taking it a day at a time. I think this will also help keep me motivated on days I want to give up, I can look back and see how far I've come. I think I have to do this because I'm the type of person if I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it 100%, completely and full heartedly. I'm not gonna do it half assed so my new addiction is this site and my health and fitness. Let's do this together guys!

I've been vegetarian for the last (almost) 8 years and recently I've started eating more veggie proteins like nuts, soy, etc. and drinking a lot more water and I feel this has been giving me much more energy and making me less hungry, which is great. I feel like I've overcome my first small hurdle. The key for success for everyone is different but I just wanted to share what I think may work for me. For the last 3 weeks, I've been starving and sooo sleepy. Even though it sucks and is no fun to be so healthy, it feels great and I already feel a difference. I'm trying to convince myself, this is what I need to do for survival. Everyday I feel stronger and healthier and it makes me never want to go back to my old, crazy Adderall ways.

Luckyducky - Don't worry about it. I think you should forget it happened and just try to quit again today. I agree with everything Ashely and Justin said, try to figure out why you used and get to the root of the problem but don't beat yourself up too much. When I feel strong temptation or I'm bored, I go on this site. This site and all these amazing people on here are a Godsent. Maybe it wasn't the right time for you. If your in school, you might have to wait for the right time, during a week off or a light semester. I quit during the recent Christmas/New Years break but I'm not in school anymore. I definitely think in your case, you should get rid of the pills. I have read a lot of people here stopped when their bottle ran out. Or you can always try to ween yourself off of it (little by little) instead of going cold turkey - that way works for some people better. It really just depends on the person and their situation. But don't give up! We believe in you and you have the power to quit for good, just try again!

I love this quote by Michael Jordan - "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." Because he never gave up and always persevered! I actually have "perseverance" in red tattooed on my wrist.

How is everyone else doing today?

• Like 2