QuittingAdderall.com Forums

3 resumes a day club

Greg

Alright, I applied to 4 or 5 jobs today. I know at least 4, but I was on so many different sites, it actually could've been more than 5. I had no interest in doing it today, so I'm glad we have this to hold us accountable!

Yaay! Let us know when you join, Sweetcarolinee!

Sweetcarolineee,

Let us know when you get it ready and are on board!

• Like 3

Alright, I applied to 4 or 5 jobs today. I know at least 4, but I was on so many different sites, it actually could've been more than 5. I had no interest in doing it today, so I'm glad we have this to hold us accountable!

Yaay! Let us know when you join, Sweetcarolinee!

Sweetcarolineee,

Let us know when you get it ready and are on board!

Haha Ashley. I have no interest in doing this either lol... Without this board, forget it! This wouldn't get done. Lol.. Good job on getting those 4-5 in! Keep it up!!
  • Like 1

I think I need to join this club. After quitting my library management job I had for four years, I started a sales job which I hated. They lied to me about the compensation plan and the management was terrible, so after 4 months I took this other job out of desperation to get out of there. My new job is even worse! I'm so mad at myself for quitting my first job in the first place. It paid well and I could have just negotiated better hours instead of quitting. I know I was bored and that's why I quit, but I feel like I can't find anything comparable now and all I get called for is crappy entry level jobs that are way below my skill level. AAAAAHHHH.

Sorry to vent, I'm just really angry at myself. So, I applied for two jobs this morning. I think I will have to stick to two a day because I'm working full time.

• Like 1

Cassie, I'm sorry about the new job, :(  :( but I really think you wouldn't have liked it if you stayed at your first job either. I remember how much you hated it. I think you REALLY needed to find something new. 

on the bright side, this club will make you proactive and hopefully be able to get out of there. 

Anyway. Good for you for applying for two jobs!!

• Like 1

update - I haven't submitted for jobs yet but I got to the next round for another internship and my interview is on Tuesday. I also have to take a 60 minute exam for it. I think this one has good compensation but is not really in the line of what i want to do.

I also had one informational interview last night (REALLY HELPFUL to help me focus my career goals) and another I am trying to set up for this weekend.  I am starting to think informational interviews are just as important if not more important than submitting for jobs. Its like a different form of submitting for jobs - u r networking your way into a position instead of the old fashion way of submitting it to HR. Cat wrote something about it on an earlier post and Im starting to see the wisdom of it...http://forum.quittingadderall.com/topic/1612-job-finders/ (By the way, after reading that thread JustinW are you considering joining this club?)

I have work 8-5, class 6-10p and an exam tomorrow morning! I might not do any job stuff today but substitute a Saturday for today or something.

• Like 1

IR,

What do you do for informational interviews? I assume it's talking to people in the field but I was wondering if you can elaborate on how you go about doing that. Do you think people are honest when you talk to them? I hope they would be but I also know that it's generally taboo in America to admit to not liking your job/career.

I'm sure you're right about not liking my old job either. I just have 'graduation goggles' so to speak. I heard that term on How I Met Your Mother. They were talking about how when you graduate you're sad that you're never going to see any of those losers again. Or when you go to break up with someone you suddenly start thinking they're not so bad, lol.

• Like 1

oh, absolutely. totally honest. i dont think you have to worry about honesty being an issue when you are doing the info interview.

also, If you google questions to ask in an informational interview, you will find tons of questions to ask, where to find your networks etc. And lots of information about the informational interview process. That is what I did before mine. 

In my case, I used my undergraduate and graduate schools alumni databases which I had to get a password for. I sent out about 10-15 emails and heard back from three. Also professional organizations and linked in would be good sources to find your networks. I would google this.

My primary focus of the phone call was to get a better understanding of my career goals. I was worried about it being awkward, but we ended up talking for an hour and it was so incredibly helpful.  I asked him if i could stay in touch with him during my process and continue a dialogue over the course of my job search. I plan to do this with anyone I speak with. And if i have time, i want to start an excel spreadsheet with the people i talked, tips and suggestions, and follow up people to contact etc...if i find the time. this is something i learned from googlng.

Interesting stuff on here today! I'm glad to have you aboard, Cassie. Sooo....the interview went well. I was nervous, but the interviewer was cool. She said was don't be nervous or anything, this will be laid back. She had a paper to go off of but hardly looked at it except at the end to make sure she covered everything. Anyway, I like the idea of the job and what it entails, but it's prn to start and they almost always hire internally, so I'd have to move my way up, if I got the position. I'm going to continue to look, but I'm glad I broke the ice with the interviews. They said the process usually takes a week or so to hear back. Anywayyyyy, just wanted to update you all and thanks for your help! I've been busy today, and I'm off to the spa for a facial....ha. I'm NOT one of those women usually!

• Like 3

You're on a roll....good work. And I like the addition in the beginning, so others can join and know the "rules." I didn't get my 3-5 in today. It's been a busy day, and I'm exhausted, so I'll get at least 6 tomorrow. By the way, I also got another call to set up an interview. I'm calling them back in the morning to set it up :)

• Like 2

You're on a roll....good work. And I like the addition in the beginning, so others can join and know the "rules." I didn't get my 3-5 in today. It's been a busy day, and I'm exhausted, so I'll get at least 6 tomorrow. By the way, I also got another call to set up an interview. I'm calling them back in the morning to set it up :)

awesome! I got another interview too. it is closer into the area i want to go into and geographically more where i want to be so Im going to set it up and just think of it like practice! We need to keep doing this until we end up with the most amazing job ever- like a white house fellowship, hahaha

• Like 1