QuittingAdderall.com Forums

3 resumes a day club

Greg

I've submitted three applications today. I'm going to work soon. I got an email from the place I interviewed yesterday asking for a second interview, so we set it up for Monday :)

Ashley that's great! :D  :D

I still have to submit my resumes for today, I had an exam, and class all day. After class I had another informational interview and these things are SO helpful. You have to start doing them if you havent begun yet.  This one gave me a lot of information about his industry which is a tough niche industry in finance id like to break into and about 16 contacts at different companies to reach out to.  I get something out of each phone call and its always different. I also gave him my resume to hold onto in case he hears of openings. So dont forget you guys to send networking letters. they really pay off too just like submitting resumes.

• Like 1

Good job, InRecovery....leaving a pub IS dedication. I just finished my additional 3, since I missed 3 yesterday, so I'm now caught up with it :) I feel like I've applied for almost all the jobs that interest me in this area, so I'm also applying to some that don't, because you never know. I want to know more about these informational interviews!

• Like 1

Congratulations and good luck! I have an interview with a another company Tuesday morning :)

Good luck too Ashley! I also have an interview Tuesday. This one I have to prepare 5 scenerios where I have dealt with conflict :(

Edit - Ashley, i am applying for pretty much everything right now..but I am getting a better idea of how this job process works. I will update this post later on informational interviews. Like what kinds of questions I'm asking and stuff like that.

• Like 1

I am so nervous for Monday's phone interview - it is horrible. I ran 10 miles today i think in part because of anxiety. I highly doubt I'm going to get this, but I really, really want it, lol. I keep telling myself that if we keep doing this thread with the informational interviews and submitting three resumes a day, more opportunities are bound to come up. Right? So this is not the only chance.. Any advice/interview prep tips?

• Like 1

InRecovery,

I just want to tell you you're going to be fine! I don't have tips (as I'm way newer at this than you) but keep in mind that you don't NEED this one. You have other options....for me that helps to take some pressure off of the situation, if only a little bit. Let us know how it goes!!!

• Like 1

InRecovery,

I just want to tell you you're going to be fine! I don't have tips (as I'm way newer at this than you) but keep in mind that you don't NEED this one. You have other options....for me that helps to take some pressure off of the situation, if only a little bit. Let us know how it goes!!!

Thanks. That is great advice. You are right I really do not need this. There are bound to more options -- and even better --options down the road. I must keep reminding myself it doesn't really matter either way how I do :)

alright, its over now. phew. i think it went the best that i could do. She said there is a lot of competition and the guy has to sort out through some more resumes to see who he wants to pick for a second round phone interview. I should know by Thursday where I stand. 

Anyway - its time to move on, right guys?? 

• Like 1

Ashley I know we both got interviews tomorrow morning.

Here are some tips someone gave me.

Write down 5 strengths - 

Have a good example of weakness - 

Try to be memorable - tell a story they will remember you about.

And of course google information on interviews- read up on interviews but this one doesnt work as well for me because i am afraid of sounding too rehearsed if i say exactly the right answer. Or that i will be racking my brain on what im "supposed" to say instead of just saying whats on top of my head. But how much you prepare really totally up to you!

• Like 1

InRecovery,

I'm glad to hear your interview went well. I bet your field is very competitive, but you got this! I hope you get that second interview. Either way, you've got more!

I started by going through stuff in my head for my interview last week, but it wasn't good enough for me. I did end up googling common interview questions and writing out responses. I have a bad memory, so I wasn't too concerned about sounding rehearsed....ha. I had the follow-up interview today and a drug screen, and they basically said they're just waiting for background checks to come back to write me up an offer. I want this job, but I don't think I can take it. It starts very part-time, and it doesn't pay enough. It would be great experience, but it's not like I'm 22 anymore. Any advice???

• Like 1

First off, congratulations!!! That is really AWESOME!!! You have one you made to the end!! 

So your concern is that the pay is not enough. This is a concern I totally understand. I agree with Cassie that fun jobs pay less. That seems to be the way things work.  But I also agree with what Quit-Once was saying. Bottom line.

So you have three options:

1. Decline the offer and keep looking for something better.

2. Take the job, but with the intent of actively looking elsewhere for something that pays more

3. Take the job -- go full in --but struggle with the compensation.

Also..How do you feel about the company you are interviewing with tomorrow?

Personally, I am thinking either 1 or 2. 2 doesnt seem too bad. You will be there part time and will then have plenty of time to continue the job search. If you need to leave, you can easily tell them it is because you cant afford to live on the salary. That is reasonable explanation.

• Like 1

I am prepping for interview 2 now. Tomorrow at 9am. I am not interested in this one, but I had to take a 1 hour exam for it which was not easy! (I think I failed it, lol) and tomorrow, I have to prepare all these scenerios where Ive demonstrated leadership. I guess this will be good practice. But there's no way I can prepare for what they throw at me. It could be anything from tell me about a time u had trouble with your boss...to tell me a time where you a made mistake and how u handled it. I am going BS my way through this and might have to stretch the truth in order to make my answers fit the questions.

After that i feel like never interviewing again!!!!! lol. but i know we have this club :D:D

Ashley- thoughts on your situation?

I just wrote out a long post, and it deleted....ugh...so annoying. I don't feel like interviewing tomorrow. I guess this job doesn't seem like a job for me. They work along with DCS, and I think that could be really heartbreaking situations....and possibly dangerous. I don't know enough about the position yet, though. I should be prepping probably! Mine is at 10:15. Is your interview a phone or in-person interview? It's so nice going through this process with a friend :) good luck!!!

Yeah it really is great going through this with a friend. Totally. Mine is 9am so I'm going to sleep soon. It in person and p second round. I think this three resume day thing with informational interviews as well is good.

I just read somewhere that job anxiety often comes from depending on one job to go through, so it is important to keep submitting and networking to always keep having things in the pipeline.

Tomorrow after our interviews we should probably pick up where we left off.

By the way what is DSC?

GOOD LUCK TOO!!

I can totally see where the continuous networking and job opportunities could ease some of the anxiety. Although I think my time should be coming to a close with my current job, that also gives me some leeway, because I know I have a source of income with a flexible schedule, but I do NOT want to serve for much longer. I've been at my job for 5 years....wow. Adderall kept me okay with that, and now I'm preparing myself for a more meaningful job. DCS is Department of Child Services. I agree, back to 3 a day after tomorrow!

• Like 2

You guys are doing SO amazing, so inspiring…. keep up the good work!

So I finally finished updating and editing my resume today and I applied to one job and already got an e-mail back for an interview! WOOT WOOT

Gonna keep applying though, it may just be beginners luck.

That is so awesome. Great job sweetcarolinee!!
  • Like 1

I can totally see where the continuous networking and job opportunities could ease some of the anxiety. Although I think my time should be coming to a close with my current job, that also gives me some leeway, because I know I have a source of income with a flexible schedule, but I do NOT want to serve for much longer. I've been at my job for 5 years....wow. Adderall kept me okay with that, and now I'm preparing myself for a more meaningful job. DCS is Department of Child Services. I agree, back to 3 a day after tomorrow!

Have u decided to take the therapist assistant job? I am so proud of u for landing that job!!!

• Like 1

Just got back from my interview. He asked me so many tough questions about mistakes Ive made, weaknesses, things i regretted, and times I disagreed with someone..questions that forced me to say bad things about myself. Im relieved its over. I didn't leave with a great feeling. Lesson from this one: I really have to get better at turning negatives into positives.

• Like 1

Just got back from my interview. He asked me so many tough questions about mistakes Ive made, weaknesses, things i regretted, and times I disagreed with someone..questions that forced me to say bad things about myself. Im relieved its over. I didn't leave with a great feeling. Lesson from this one: I really have to get better at turning negatives into positives.

I hate that shit. Instead of focusing on our strengths, employers are obsessed with us improving our weaknesses. I think the key to answering those questions is to be casual and show them you dont take yourself to seriously and learn from your mistakes
  • Like 1