QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Interesting how I only remember the good

ShreddedTea

Congrats on calling your doctor and cutting off your supply. This a major step it means your serious.  Welcome to board we are all here because in various stages of recovery from this horrible drug.   Take some time and read the articles on this site and review some old forum posts.  In the next few months you will go through a process of recalibrating your brain chemistry. Maybe hit the gym as often as you can during this period. 

• Like 4

Today is one of those days I got my refill and this. is. it. I am so done with this ridiculous pill that has convinced me that if I take it I will go back to those times when I first took it, energetic, happy and restless in a good way. I took 40mg today after a 2 month long break and nothing. These past two months I have felt more energetic and happy without the pills than with. It feels like a dirty caffeine buzz with introversion and a hint of anxiety. I took my 60 20mg pills and flushed them down the toilet today, which I have NEVER done before. I swallowed my pride and ego and called my doctor telling him basically that I feel like it is just not for me anymore and never will be.

Past times I have hated the pill but never wanted to quit. Now I am more than ready, realizing Adderall has no value to me and does nothing for me.

Starting a new chapter in my life and I am EXCITED. 

Most of us have played the cat and mouse game like you have with this hideous drug, trying to squeeze out every last drop of pizazz that was experienced when we first started to take it. Eventually we arrived at unsustainability. Once this realization sets in we started looking for a way out and found ourselves here.

I like the way you creatively describe the effects of the drug at this point: It feels like a dirty caffeine buzz with introversion and a hint of anxiety. That's good! I really like it. It hits home.

Get out while the getting out is good. You are young and have a good opportunity at leaving it all behind you. Don't waste it.

Keep coming back.

• Like 3