QuittingAdderall.com Forums

wanted to share -anonymous people trailer

Freebird

I watched the first part of this.I thought it was interesting that the recovery movement only started in 1935 with AA.  Groups like ours are offshoots of the simple idea that an addict gets better helping other addicts get better. While we are not affiliated with any of these groups officially I believe we share some of these fundamentals. I'm deeply proud of this group and I know by helping others I am helping myself. And when others help me I help them. 

• Like 3

They were talking about this in the rooms last year. These (probably well intentioned) people don't speak for me. If anonymity wasn't an integral part of the foundation of AA, I wouldn't be there. Full stop. 

If you don't have a lot of shame to deal with getting clean, you probably haven't hit your bottom.

Addicts and alcoholics do horrible things to themselves and others while the are using. Some even once they're clean. I don't see how you can avoid/remove the stigma from that.

• Like 3

Yah I agree. I really wouldn't want to be outed as junkie. Stigma or no stimga I think I just prefer to post my darkest secrets as  Zerokewl. I think if i was to come out publicly as  a recovering addict it would be perceived as a weakness or a moral failing. I don't feel that way, but i think some do. 

• Like 3