QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Smart Recovery Video

LILTEX41

Hey guys!  I just wanted to share this video about Smart Recovery.  He does a really good job explaining how Smart works and how to beat addiction.  Just thought I'd share.

Go to youtube and type in the search bar, "An Intro to Smart Recovery by Curtis Boudreau at Sobriety.ca.

• Like 3

Early on i went quite a bit. I found it useful definitely more my speed then NA.  I haven't been in a few months, because the room was so focused on alcohol which isn't my issue I haven't gone that often.   QA is my primary support. But that video got me thinking I should go back  for a few meetings. 

• Like 1

I go to smart meetings twice a week, right now. I just started to get more involved on the volunteer side of things, and will be training to be a facilitator.

I used to got to back in 09 in NYC, but I just didn't find a good facilitator or group that I liked back then. I also could have tried going to meetings on different days, but I just wasn't that motivated at the time. With that being said, I still got a lot out of Using the tools and the workbook on my own. CBT really works for me and Smart is so empowering.

The 12 step world is just not my thing, and believe me I tried many different meetings, read the big book, did my 90 in 90, had a sponsor, worked the steps...but in the end, the disease model and that culture, did more harm than good for me....

If it works for you...keep going back.

If it doesn't, please know that there are many ways to find recovery that do not include an HP or 12 steps)

Not hating...just educating. ;)

• Like 1

• 7 years later...