QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My clothes fit better today than when I bought them while using

You are most likely in very good health if your clothes fit well.  When I was using, I weighed about the same as I do now, but I had more fat in the wrong places and not much muscle tone. 

I totally get what you are saying.  I just moved into my size 33 Levis, pants that I bought about ten years ago!  Never been healthier or more physically fit in my whole life and I am 51 years old. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's vain at all!

For years I used to think I didn't care how I looked.  But eventually I started caring some, mainly for ME and my confidence and health, but I've struggled for years with feeling vain about it.  

So, this helped.   On my way home last night I heard a show on NPR about a fashion designer (Tim Gunn) and he said something that really hit home for me.  He said looking good isn't about empty vanity.  It communicates something.

"I am an individual who is always aware of how he's presenting himself," Gunn explains. " ... I have respect for myself, I have respect for you, I'm taking the world seriously, and let's navigate the world with some style."

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/05/271997689/tim-gunn-on-and-off-the-runway-life-is-a-big-collaboration

IMPORTANT:  I don't think this means anyone has to live up to any narrow beauty ideal at all, I just think it means there's nothing wrong with caring and feeling good about how you look! :D

• Like 1