QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Is this normal?

Looking4Hope

I am currently on day one of withdrawals from adderall. This will be my 4th detox and I thought I knew what to expect but this time is different. My insides feel like their shaking but if you were to look at me I'm still. My vision is also weird right now. I can't explain it. Not blurry but just not right. What did y'all experience during detox and is there anything y'all took to get through it? I even thought about smoking weed to take the edge off the irritability, but I don't know if that would hurt or help. This doesn't feel like the last times I've detoxed. If I could crawl out of my skin I would.

I went on antidepressants and just rode it out. Detox comes with depression, extreme hunger, exhaustion, no motivation, extreme anxiety, an inability to be still, and a certain feeling of unbearableness, plus intense cravings...like there is a painful gap in your brain that needs to be filled desperately. basically the extreme opposite feelings of when you are sped up on adderall and feeling happy in a lunatic way.

I can't remember if I got blurry vision but I got a TON of anxiety from a psychological dependency and because I didn't have my adderall crutch that became more than crutch to me, it became life support to me, maybe your blurry vision has something to do with all the feelings and side effects that come with quitting.

• Like 2

My two cents: I'd go see a doctor.  Yes, there are many a lovely side effect to the joys and wonders of amphetamine withdrawal - I don't think weird vision is one of them.  The shakes probably aren't healthy either.

Maybe I'm over-gauging your symptoms.  I'd say if you just feel off (or even REALLY off), you might be fine.  But soon as those symptoms start becoming tangible, hit the ER.

Sleep & Netflix are my only suggestions for early withdrawal. Thats how I got thru it, I did experience some vision blurriness but usually the morning after an epic bender. 

yep, i totally agree. especially, sleep. and perullo is right, when the symptoms knocking your door, jit that phone and call your doc right away. Goodluck men, you can overcome this, i know.