QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anger on Adderall

BeHereNow

What was/is your anger like on adderall?

I used to get furious with the people or cars moving slowly in front of me, and one time I flipped out on my landlord when they tried to screw me over.  (I still get frustrated with these things, but not nearly as enraged as I was on adderall.)

I'm asking because I just caught up with an old friend a few days ago who's still taking it, and although he's always had some anger 'issues,' they have definitely gotten worse since he started adderall (probably about 10 years ago.)  He's even looking into anger management classes, especially because he just got his gf pregnant.  So I'm just trying to think about to what extent his anger 'issues' are the adderall, or something else, or both.

• Like 2

When I quit adderall I spent a long time patching/repairing holes I had punched/ kicked in the walls of my condo.  Probably more alarming was my habit of biting my hands in anger and frustration. I would bite my index finger so much it would become raw and infected.  During the winter my hands would dry out and the combination of biting and smoking, would cause my hands to be so painful that I couldn't even make a fist and my daily regimen involved applying  liquid bandaid.

Why I did Adderall as long as I did is a fucking mystery to me. 

• Like 3

I remember adderall made me anger more easily.  I would hold onto anger longer (energizer bunny effect,) and it intensified it big-time.  I would just dwell and dwell and dwell and the anger would breed.  I could over-analyze and rationalize it for hours too.   I would hold huge grudges, and the lack of empathy made all that even worse.   

• Like 2

Idk if I necessarily got "more" angry on Adderall, but I can say that a LOT more things pissed me off when I was on it.  Maybe I've learned to sweat the small stuff, or maybe I just no longer muster up the ability to care all that much about the small things to be mad at them.  Either way, I was definitely grumpy as hell on the stuff.

• Like 1

I would get so easily mad from the stupidest shit. If someone moved something of mine, used or ate something I bought without asking, I would be so mad but I kept a lot of it bottled up or I would drink to cover up all my rage; which most of the time made me more angry. Regardless, all this anger, rage and being pissed off wasn't me before being introduced to the orange pill. I would get mad a lot on it (looking back, I was mad all the time yet happy too?), over a lot of things and in a very unhealthy, unnatural way, that I knew wasn't me at all and I knew it was the Adderall poisoning my mind, thoughts, choices and actions. I had a lot of broken hands on Adderall from punching shit, once I punched a stop sign after a party just to prove to a dude I can… like really?

I also waitressed, cocktailed and bartended while in collage. If I didn't get a good tip when I thought I did a great job taking care of customers, I would be mad on the inside and need a shot or something to cool down. What a shitty way to live, always being mad, it's such a toxic lifestyle and I am so glad I broke free of this trapped way of living.

Since quitting, I couldn't feel more organic, genuine, happy and healthy again -- inside my mind and being. I am still getting my sexy bod back by eating healthy and trying to exercise 5 times a week and it still is a struggle with my job and sometimes I still struggle with energy certain times of the day and wanting to drink on weekdays but you couldn't pay me to go back on that shit. I just feel too damn good these days without it... I'm enjoying getting the 'real' me back!

I hope your friend gets the help and healing he needs. 

• Like 2

My anger on Adderall was extreme.  I remember in the first year of using, it would bring me to tears during my one hour lunch.  I would go to my car, call a friend, scream at them for any number of reason(s), cry until my face was beet red, then go back to the work restroom to try and look presentable again.  It was insanity, you guys.  That was just the first year of using.  The "breaking in" period.  I needed several more years after that in order to have this drug hand my ass to me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My anger was mostly a result of adderall + alcohol. I keep a few unpleasant memories marked down so I remember how crazy adderall made me. In my everyday life people would probably describe me as very calm, mellow, and patient. And yet.

-Threw a drink in a stranger's face at a bar while visiting a friend in NYC. I was on vacation and spending a few days with my friends...why did I ever think I needed adderall during that time? Oh right, because I was so dependent I would've been miserable and asleep without it. Some guy elbowed me (uh, that tends to happen at bars.....), and I reacted by throwing a drink in someone's face. What?!

-Concert in college: got angry at a friend for absolutely no reason and left the concert after two songs. Walked back to my dorm alone and I was so mad I ripped and broke a bracelet off my arm.

-Other various college parties: would get pissed off and leave by myself.

-Friend visited me halfway across the country and I ended up hysterically crying and in a fight with her, almost causing her to cut her trip short.

-Always irritable even to to the point of yelling at my own mother on the phone.

Writing these out is embarrassing, but therapeutic too. I sound like a crazy reality show cast member. I cringe because I am so not naturally aggressive in any way, it was a total shift on adderall.

So yes, I think adderall very likely has a role in your friend's anger. We all get frustrated at times, but adderall spurs you to blow things way out of proportion, in my opinion.

• Like 1