QuittingAdderall.com Forums

GNC...omg, why?

AlwaysAwesome

So, I passed a big test on Friday.  I was getting my haircut and mentioned to the stylist that I was super tired.  I told her about quitting adderall and how my metabolism was junk!  She recommended a B vitamin supplement from GNC, next door.  I knew that I needed some vitamins, so I went over there and told them my situation.  The dude working there asked me why I quit adderall.  He quickly added that they have some things that are  chemically very similar to amphetamines, if I wanted to try them.  I was silent for a few seconds and said no. 

HOWEVER, I thought about it all the way home.  I googled it, and thought about it.  A LOT.  Well, I did not go back and I will not buy anything except FDA approved vitamins from GNC, but it was all consuming!  Addiction is so terrible...I will never go back to adderall, or any chemically similar substance. 

I just wanted to pass this along and see if anyone else has had similar issues at GNC.  Or, have you been drawn in by this pitch?

• Like 1

awhile back someone mentioned this powder called Craze or Kraze, it is marketed for body builders. I got some and it tasted like tang, and ya, it felt suspiciously alot like adderall. I googled and read some scary stuff about the manufacturer. Who knows what was in that stuff.

• Like 1

awhile back someone mentioned this powder called Craze or Kraze, it is marketed for body builders. I got some and it tasted like tang, and ya, it felt suspiciously alot like adderall. I googled and read some scary stuff about the manufacturer. Who knows what was in that stuff.

Krax. Where have you been??

I read that Kraze was chemically similar to methamphetamines...if there was ever a worse drug than adderall (and heroin :o) it's meth.  Yikes!  What are they thinking?!

• Like 1

I have not been impressed with the quality of GNC products lately.  Their multivitamins caused me muscle cramps and insomnia.  Their fish oil products come back to make fish burps all day long and they make my ears ring.  The only thing I go there for anymore is L-Tyrosine and that is only because I have not looked for it anywhere else.  Regarding their speed-like pills, I would stay away from all of it.

• Like 3

GNC, just as most doctors and psyc's, get paid to sell drugs.  Yes, they do have vitamin supplements and other stuff that are actually healthy.  But bottom line - know what you're getting BEFORE going into places like that.  Otherwise the salespeople will just try to take you for a ride.

• Like 2

GNC, just as most doctors and psyc's, get paid to sell drugs.  Yes, they do have vitamin supplements and other stuff that is actually healthy.  But bottom line - know what you're getting BEFORE going into places like that.  Otherwise the salespeople will just try to take you for a ride.

Absolutely!  I am just glad that he told me and didn't just sell it to me as an energy supplement.  Dodged a bullet there.

• Like 1