QuittingAdderall.com Forums

What were the most banal things that enthralled you on adderall?

Greg

Grocery shopping was enthralling and overwhelming at the same time. I haven't consistently gone to the same grocery store for he past year because store workers would always stop me to ask if I needed help or comment on how ineffectively I grocery shopped (going up and down the same aisles multiple times). They were just trying to be helpful, but it's embarrassing to think about. I spent way longer in grocery stores than anyone ever should and drove all over my city to go to different stores. What a waste.

• Like 3

Grocery shopping was enthralling and overwhelming at the same time. I haven't consistently gone to the same grocery store for he past year because store workers would always stop me to ask if I needed help or comment on how ineffectively I grocery shopped (going up and down the same aisles multiple times). They were just trying to be helpful, but it's embarrassing to think about. I spent way longer in grocery stores than anyone ever should and drove all over my city to go to different stores. What a waste.

OMG I've learned the hard way to not take meds before grocery shopping.  I'd stop and contemplate the most mundane items that I so didn't need.  I would end up taking twice the amount of time to get done. 

Now that I'm aware of how it can make me becoume ultra focused on something if I do make mistake and take it before grocery shopping I mentally tell myself to focus on my list and that's it.  The plus of being on meds is I don't get unwanted junk food since I have no appetitie lol

• Like 1

OMG I've learned the hard way to not take meds before grocery shopping.  I'd stop and contemplate the most mundane items that I so didn't need.  I would end up taking twice the amount of time to get done. 

Now that I'm aware of how it can make me becoume ultra focused on something if I do make mistake and take it before grocery shopping I mentally tell myself to focus on my list and that's it.  The plus of being on meds is I don't get unwanted junk food since I have no appetitie lol

Glad I'm not the only one! Now I grocery shop in half the time but probably buy double the junk since I'm so hungry. Oh well!

• Like 2

Excel spreadsheets. Formatting them with special fonts etc.

Self help books/articles and reading Internet comments on every web page I went to. Took a long time to purge that crap from my brain.

Seriously, you two - get out of my head!

Also, organizing my task list.  Not actually executing my task list mind you, just organizing them.  Also, accounting.

Computer music production doesn't sound banal until you do it on amphetamine

I don't do music production but since I've been on the meds, I no longer care to watch tv, I just listen to one of my favorite songs over & over while doing something mundane.  And when I mean over and over it can play for 3 hours while doing house work - weird lol

It's strange, I used to be a TVaholic but once I got on the meds i literally had no interest in anything so I got rid of my cable

• Like 1

I don't do music production but since I've been on the meds, I no longer care to watch tv, I just listen to one of my favorite songs over & over while doing something mundane.  And when I mean over and over it can play for 3 hours while doing house work - weird lol

It's strange, I used to be a TVaholic but once I got on the meds i literally had no interest in anything so I got rid of my cable

When I was on adderall, TV/movies felt like such a waste of time! i never wanted to watch stuff.

Now I love it again.

• Like 3

When I was on adderall, TV/movies felt like such a waste of time! i never wanted to watch stuff.

Now I love it again.

so true the only movies I can imagine watching are Limitless and the machinist lol.  Someone compared me to that character in the machinst which doesn't sound like a good thing lol

• 2 weeks later...

I loved to clean and organize my house and my closets. I would vacuum and dust twice a day. I loved cleaning my bathroom over and over again. Lol!! I also liked to go shopping and see what I could get away with stealing. It became another addiction to me. I also liked going on line and reading all different inspirational quotes. I'm still obsessed with instagram!!!lol