QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Did speeding through life make you careless through life?

Greg

When on  Adderall I spent my life at the office.  Basically doing admin work, stuff I should of passed off to my assistant, who was useless.  In order to keep my sales numbers up i had to do everything.  I was doing lots of cool stuff in my field but I was obsessed with volume . I need to have big wins every month.  The design team hated me because I was a slave driver constantly pitching innovation in a production oriented environment.  When I got fired it was because of a lot of  drama I created and I was always undermining my boss. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

When on  Adderall I spent my life at the office.  Basically doing admin work, stuff I should of passed off to my assistant, who was useless.  In order to keep my sales numbers up i had to do everything.  I was doing lots of cool stuff in my field but I was obsessed with volume . I need to have big wins every month.  The design team hated me because I was a slave driver constantly pitching innovation in a production oriented environment.  When I got fired it was because of a lot of  drama I created and I was always undermining my boss.

We could have been office twins ZK. Although, I'm sure we would have never noticed each other...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Prior to Adderall I wrote & completed 5 screenplays. I co-wrote one of them with a top LA script consultant.

On Adderall, I probably started close to 50 screenplays, but never finished or even came close to finishing any of them.

I also started writing a book that I thought was going to be - the greatest book EVER! Never finished it and it ended up being hundreds and hundreds of pages of a delusional mess, it didn't make much sense, lots of ten syllable words... Any agent or publisher that would've read it would have said, "what asshole wrote this?" Or maybe, "I don't read the work of people that write when they're high on Adderall." :)

Yep.  As a teacher, in a world (a college campus) where stupid adderall is SO prevalent, I can pretty easily tell when someone wrote an essay high on adderall.  Yeah, they sometimes do kinda well.  But its not genuine.  Quality-wise, not as well as people who actually, soberly, try.  

Adderallic writing is boring as hell!!!!!  

• Like 3

PS.  And that's not even mentioning how shitty my own writing was on adderall.   I was recently given some very positive feedback about how much I've improved!   And I really feel that I have.  My previous (adderallic) writing bores me to death now-- even where there are insights I can take home, the writing and reasoning itself was shitty.  Disorganized, unclear, all over the place.

Yet another reason I AM SO HAPPY I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Prior to Adderall I wrote & completed 5 screenplays. I co-wrote one of them with a top LA script consultant.

On Adderall, I probably started close to 50 screenplays, but never finished or even came close to finishing any of them.

I also started writing a book that I thought was going to be - the greatest book EVER! Never finished it and it ended up being hundreds and hundreds of pages of a delusional mess, it didn't make much sense, lots of ten syllable words... Any agent or publisher that would've read it would have said, "what asshole wrote this?" Or maybe, "I don't read the work of people that write when they're high on Adderall." :)

i can relate with you bro lol

• 3 months later...

This is funny. I wrote this term paper for a class that was supposed to be this end of semester project and fell down the rabbit hole of adapting it into a book about global economics. I thought I was gonna end up a guest on Hardball or something. Turned it in late, cried in my professors office, acted like I was saving the world with this epic analysis of the stock market... I pulled it out recently ..... No comment. Just .... What? I swear for awhile I thought I had predicted the global economic crisis. Good one, Adderall. Good one. Touché.

• 4 weeks later...

I took a lot of things apart. Thought I could fix anything. Ruined a couple of guitars and numerous recording devices/ soundboards. Absolutely ridiculous things I never would have done before Adderall. wasted a lot of money and time on "projects" I normally would have known not to attempt. So embarrassing. My poor wife. I can't believe she stuck with me through years of meaningless sidetracking and projects.

I took a lot of things apart. Thought I could fix anything. Ruined a couple of guitars and numerous recording devices/ soundboards. Absolutely ridiculous things I never would have done before Adderall. wasted a lot of money and time on "projects" I normally would have known not to attempt. So embarrassing. My poor wife. I can't believe she stuck with me through years of meaningless sidetracking and projects.

• Like 1