QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Finding myself again: Adderall free Day 1

RobElliottComic

I've read so many stories and it's nice to know that I'm not alone.

I'm a lifeguard full time and was prescribed the adderall to help me pay attention at work as I work at night as a stand up comedian. Obviously the adderall was amazing for both jobs. It made my days at work FLY by though I had to hide when I had a cigarette because no one wants to see a lifeguard smoking on the deck tweaked out on adderall... The drugs also helped me get from from my day job to shows that might be 30-40 miles away, do a set (drink before and during) then drive home to write more or just keep partying. I started binging almost immediately. Everywhere I went I had my bottle and an energy drink just in case I didn't feel UP enough. After almost two years of drinking, binging and running on empty I had a seizure in my sleep on June 9th. I lied to the doctors and paramedics about what I've been doing all the while convincing myself that the adderall had nothing to do with it. Even after that seizure I continued to binge and my doc dropped me from 30mg 2x daily down to the 20's (they were gone in 2 weeks, I paid cash from a dealer to get through the last two weeks). After that month I convinced him that I needed the 30s again and he obliged. I continually lied to him throughout and kept a 120/80 BP (don't know how) and resting heart rate of 60-65 because I would never take a pill before seeing him. 5 weeks ago I had another seizure in my sleep but the tunnel vision from the adderall just made me tell myself that it was a fluke. That I was fine.

Yesterday I took roughly 100mg give or take 10 because it's a blur. My girlfriend who I love more than anything in the world left me a note on our table about how much I've been hurting her and neglecting her. I broke down right then and there and realized I wasn't myself anymore and that I don't like who I've become and what this drug has done to me. I asked her for her help and to take the pills from me and flush them. She did.

Today is day 1 clean. It's been almost 24 hours and I know I'm in for a tough time. I'm really happy I found this site though and can share and interact with others going through the same thing as me. One day at a time...

• Like 1

You gave yourself the best advice already - one day at a time. It's like that saying that the days go by slow and the years go by fast. All of the "one days" will add up and you'll back at how far you've come. Remember that, especially on the harder days.

Best of luck and keep checking in.

• Like 1

Thank you guys! Today is day 2. Slept for 11 hours last night and I feel like I could sleep through the day but I made into work and I'm feeling ok. Reading the threads on people's favorite things about NOT being adderall really seems to help... It's amazing what you forget once that drug gets a hold of you. Thank you guys for the support. One day at a time!

• Like 1