QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How do you stop missing it?

Candice Wong

I haven't taken them for months but in times of endless loneliness and boredom, how do you divert your attention? I feel as if I have nothing to look forward to than an amphetamine high. I know I can write tests, do projects and finish exams without adderall, I've proved it to myself last year when I went forever without a dose but now I just miss it and I'm looking for excuses to take it. 

• Like 1

I accidentally deleted my post.

But basically I was saying that I have read so many stories about how adderall has destroyed people's lives and personalities, how it's given them a superficial sense of hope while turning on them, how it has made people hit rock bottom, feel completely helpless, how it's destroyed marriages, relationships, jobs, forced people into rehab and taken so much away from them -- that I feel so much disgust for it. That disgust helps me to combat that urge or desire.

Also don't forget those horrible days where you were awake for days on end and feeling cracked out all time. It's funny, it is in the middle of the night as I write this And there are 90 people reading this forum right now. I can't help but wonder how many of them have not slept in days and are wired up on adderall feeling helpless, looking for answers.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty normal.  You eventually forget, it just happens I can't tell you when it happened for me exactly somewhere around 10-12 months i think.  Just do the things you need to do  eat right and exercise things will be fine. 

i second Zerokewl,

it will get off eventually. Try to explore new things that will caught your attention. Do things you love doing. Do some running and eat an healthy diet.