QuittingAdderall.com Forums

When did adderall turn on you?

Greg

When my productivity on adderall starting slipping.  I figured it was time, seeing as the entire purpose of me being on the stuff was starting to get diminishing returns.

Wow that's so me right now.  At first I was stellar at work on it, then I was horrendous (late, not multitasking, forgetful)  Even though I'm still on it being reprimanded about those things made me make a conscious effort to be how I was in the honeymoon phase of adderral (very organized, quick)

It's weird how the drug works.

For me it was when I found myself wasting a lot of time figuring out when my next refill was, and constantly try to get my prescription filled early. That's when it began to turn on me.

OMG that's me every month now.  Reading this post made me realize to seriously consider stopping asap

• Like 3

I think it started to turn on me when I started noticing other people being freaked out by my behavior around it.  I was already lying and hiding how much I was actually taking, but when I started noticing other people actually get mad about my behavior, I really had to work at hiding it more. These caused great dissonance in my soul. I knew it was pretty bad, but seeing my reflection through another person's eyes made me feel like crap. So I guess what I am trying to say is that it turned on me when it started putting a heavy strain on my relationships with other people. 

• Like 4

Short temper...increased impatience...total loss of motivation (so ironic!).... depression/anxiety...panic attacks... 

Painful acne outbreaks... arthritis....tension headaches....extreme dry mouth and dry eye...  Just to name a few.

Doc prescribed to treat my ADD, and I have been taking the XR religiously for over 3 years...

Now I have finally reached my breaking point and undoubtedly believe the increasingly worse negative effects of the drug now, by far, outnumber the positives...

I am just beginning my journey off Adderall...and I'm scared as hell about withdrawal.  I shared my feelings about quitting with my doc today, hoping to get a "weaning off" plan, but he insisted I simply quit cold turkey.  I have been a patient of his since I was just 6 years old and I trust him, but am terrified none the less...

• Like 4

Short temper...increased impatience...total loss of motivation (so ironic!).... depression/anxiety...panic attacks... 

Painful acne outbreaks... arthritis....tension headaches....extreme dry mouth and dry eye...  Just to name a few.

Doc prescribed to treat my ADD, and I have been taking the XR religiously for over 3 years...

Now I have finally reached my breaking point and undoubtedly believe the increasingly worse negative effects of the drug now, by far, outnumber the positives...

I am just beginning my journey off Adderall...and I'm scared as hell about withdrawal.  I shared my feelings about quitting with my doc today, hoping to get a "weaning off" plan, but he insisted I simply quit cold turkey.  I have been a patient of his since I was just 6 years old and I trust him, but am terrified none the less...

You're in the right place! Recovery is a worthwhile challenge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

about the time that I would go to work with teh goal of being "Super lawyer" and would instead sit at my desk picking at my scalp for literally eight hours straight hyper googling conspiracy theories or falling down youtube holes.  At home was worse.  I'd come home, flop on my bed because my body hurt all over and I'd think that I wanted to exercise, but instead i'd just lie on my bed thinking that i should exercise and debating if it was worth it to take more adderall to find that motivation...this would go on for like five or six hours with me eventually taking more adderall, working out and then staying up all night googling conspiracies and watching youtube.  I'd set my alarm super early, hell bent on breaking the cycle.  Wake up and have to pop a ton of adderall to get awake and do the same thing again.  Lots of physical symptoms--dry mouth/skin, bad breath, bleary eyes, grinding teeth, headaches, brittle hair....yuck....and thisi s spot on....

For me it was when I found myself wasting a lot of time figuring out when my next refill was, and constantly try to get my prescription filled early. That's when it began to turn on me.

as is: 

When my productivity on adderall starting slipping.  I figured it was time, seeing as the entire purpose of me being on the stuff was starting to get diminishing returns.

• Like 1

about the time that I would go to work with teh goal of being "Super lawyer" and would instead sit at my desk picking at my scalp for literally eight hours straight hyper googling conspiracy theories or falling down youtube holes.  At home was worse.  I'd come home, flop on my bed because my body hurt all over and I'd think that I wanted to exercise, but instead i'd just lie on my bed thinking that i should exercise and debating if it was worth it to take more adderall to find that motivation...this would go on for like five or six hours with me eventually taking more adderall, working out and then staying up all night googling conspiracies and watching youtube.  I'd set my alarm super early, hell bent on breaking the cycle.  Wake up and have to pop a ton of adderall to get awake and do the same thing again.  Lots of physical symptoms--dry mouth/skin, bad breath, bleary eyes, grinding teeth, headaches, brittle hair....yuck....and thisi s spot on....

as is: 

OMG your experience is so like mine.  I have a corporate job and instead of getting things done, I've literally wasted hours picking at my face in my magnified mirror or getting lost in message boards on any topic.

I feel so mentally run down by the time I get home from the add'y that I don't even want to put my body thru that again just to get through a workout.  But I end up taking it to get to the gym, otherwise I'll just lay in bed  doing nothing; which seems so lazy for me, at least during the week.

• Like 1