QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Finally ready

ldmcniel

Hi Lisa - thank you so much for taking the time with your post.

I am new to the forum as of this morning and I am also approximately 100 days clean from Adderall.  I was taking approximately 45 to 60 mg of the quick release version a day for about two years.  In a bit, I will create a post with my full story.

I have read some of your posts and agree with you that the impact of using Adderall is not taking seriously enough.  My doctor prescribed it for me like he would Zantac and provided no coaching or warnings.  As we all know, this stuff is very destructive.  

I realize you were on a high levels (and I can see how that can easily happen).  How long before your engergy returned to acceptable levels?  That is my biggest issue right now.  I am not depressed but the lack of energy is casuing havoc in my life.

Thanks again for being brave enough to reach out.  Even with your legal troubles, you are still so much better off today!  Congratulations on 485 days clean - you slayed the dragon and that should be celebrated.

• Like 3

I havent posted in awhile but Im proud to say Ive been Adderall free for 485 days. As some of you might know, I worked in the medical field for 14 years. I ruined my career to feed my Adderall addiction. As a result of my actions, I am also now a convicted felon.  I know that my case is the extreme but I hope that even just one person can be saved from Adderall by hearing how destructive addiction can be.  I am finally ready to start talking about it.  Please if anyone needs someone to talk to, Im here.

Lisa

Wow congrats on being clean for that long.  I've been on it for 2 years and I can tell it's coming to a breaking point.

I'm always curious when people say how it ruined their life, do you have examples? 

I didn't start realizing the negative things that were happening in my life were because of the addy until I found this board and read so many similar stories of these "bad" things that happen