QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Has anyone tried straterra?  I am not looking for an adderall like experience.  I am looking to be able to have reading comprehension again.  it's a (relatively) small thing in my life, but also is huge.  For 20+ years of my life I struggled so hard with reading comprehension.  Adderall changed that--like a 180.  And even though reading is not a huge part of my life, being able to read on adderall was great and it meant a lot to me.  I hate that i have lost that with the adderall.  and I don't even mean that need to devour every piece of information that is out there.  I mean I would like to be able to read a paragraph out of the New York Times or a novel and be able to explain what I just read without having to stop after every sentence and take notes (okay, that is a very slight exaggeration).  But I am one of those people who reads a whole page and then realizes I've been daydreaming.  I suffered 20+ years with that.  I was not lazy--I read the material. it breaks my heart that i can't retain it.....i had that on adderall and i want that back. 

• 4 months later...

My daughter has one of the autism spectrum disorders-PDD-NOS.  Until you have lived this hell, you can't really comment.  Trust me when I say, I have tried all non med options.  At this point, I am praying for her not to end up living under a bridge some day. 

Thanks for your concern.  I certainly understand your feelings. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...