QuittingAdderall.com Forums

scars saved my life

scarssavedme

Scars saved me from Adderall. I started Adderall 3 years ago I've been sober for 9 months after god revealed himself to me. When I took Adderall I felt supernatural and unstoppable. I thought I needed Adderall for everything. After I accepted God's will I quit Adderall. I got acne from Adderall. It was bad. so bad that the dermatologist put me on Accutane without hesitating. Accutane cleared the acne but not the scars. The scars will remain with me the rest of my life. The scars will also keep me sober for the rest of my life. I wouldn't have quit Adderall if it were not for the acne scars. The acne scars suck but being a junkie pill popper sucks worse. I guess it was kind of an easy way out. I don't need an aa sponsor to remind me of the dangers of Adderall all I need is to look at my reflection. 

• Like 2

Glad to hear you quit.  More than anything I'm sorry to hear about your acne scars.  I have some of them, too.  I have faith in the body's amazing ability to heal itself.  Your scars might never be gone entirely, but I imagine that (maybe with some scar cream and taking some supplements) your skin will keep healing.  Scars continue healing for a long, long time.

My very good friend has a lot of acne scars that have bothered her her whole life.  She plans to have them removed once she's more established in life, has more money, and has no more acne.  To her, it's worth it.    Maybe in the future, something like that would be a good way to celebrate your quit.  Just an idea.

Edit: BUT only if you want to.  I'm sure you are beautiful with or without acne scars. :)  It just sounds like you're unhappy with them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
that's good to hear. being sober is verry dificult to achieved. it's a long and wide journey indeed. but there is no impossible if your motivation is high enough. Sober is not that far if your will to fight this disease is too strong. And lastly, if your hopes and faith is unbreakable. I salute you for your achievement. Congratulations, you deserve to be happy :)

For those of you guys still struggling because of their addiction, not only from adderall, there are so many ways to battle this. It's never too late to quit. I know it is easier said than done, but believe me, motivation is the key. Motivate and believe to your self that no matter how hard or strong the urge to stop your addiction, there are so many ways to reach the goal of being sober. Start by questioning yourself. are you doing your part or all you have got to stop addiction? maybe yes, you are trying to quit, but ask yourself. Are you doing it right? is temptation easy to penetrate you? start programming yourself to take a series of steps to reach your limit. Just for instance, registering from some community sites like this one is a great help. You can encounter some people who are in the same situation as you, exchange some info and tips and supports each other. Go and break your shell. Don't be in a same place over and over again. We are lucky to live in this generation. If you want something to know, just look on the net and, boom! all you need and want to know is already there, waiting for you to explore. Seize and use this moment to your advantage. Going to rehab is a good choice to. I have met many people who had a success after getting themselves in a rehab. I believe there are too many rehab here in US, so finding one is not that too hard. It only depends on where you from and of course how it cost. But just like i said, you can use our technology now for your own advantages. If you want to know more about a rehab center or how treatment program works, just hit your keyboard. For an instance you're an alcoholic and you are from Arizona, you can research some different alcohol abuse treatment centers (i made a link to serve as an example) in that place. But, heck, i know you already know that guys. Anyway, i m just trying to help here. No matter how good a treatment is, in the end, it is still in your hands on how to shape your future.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...