QuittingAdderall.com Forums

6 months clean and this is what Im using

I tried all the gnseg capsules... panax, astragalus, asian combos of the ginsegs with other herbs and it wasn't cutting it. htp=5 put me to sleep.  L-tyrosine didn't cut it. I was still sluggish and poorly focused. 

Ive been trying to read as much as I can on google scholar and medpub about what works.... and then trying it for myself.

Right now things are going somewhat well through the day with blending fruits and veggies at least 1x day (I use a lot of spinach as I have an iron deficientcy), I take Curcumin (Tumeric concentration), Ive read articles about how this has healed ppl who are brain injured and healing their brain...I ordered this on amazon. I take Juiceplus which is almost 6 lbs in a capsule of fruits and veggies. I order it from this lady online linseyadams.juiceplus.com I take 3,000-6,000 mg of Omega 3, and I take a considerable amount of Kelp and NOW Vit C w Rose Hips.

I need to order Cherry Tart concentrate again for sleep as I was on it earlier and it helped my sleeping more than now that I used the whole bottle havent refilled it and my sleep has been terrible the past month.

Juiceplus I only take in the morning bc if I take it at night I am too hyper. Kelp I take when I wake up and throughout the day and try to not take any a couple hours before I go to bed bc I have a lot of anxiety when I go to bed now for some reason this time coming off adderall for the 2nd time. I take omega 3 all through the day spacing it out throughout the day til I sleep and I take the Vit C at night. If I take it in the morning I get too tired. and I take about 3,000-5,000mg. Curcumin I take first thing in the am.

I am trying to incorporate D3 into my day but haven't figued out what is best time to take it. I have read a lot of journals on D3 on how it heals the body in general.

On top of all this I have changed my diet. I eat "clean" which means I am eating mostly vegetarian dishes and eating meat only once or twice a week. 

I couldn't take caffeine for the first couple months getting off this second time bc my anxiety was so high. about the 5th month I felt fatigue even more than any other month. I have used a little caffine either black cinnamon tea or a little bit of coffee. The fatigue before i started adderall was bad as I could easily sleep 18 hours no problem with no drugs that was just naturally. Fatigue has also been a problem in my life. But now with anxiety and fatigue it makes me feel a mess. 

AM:

Juiceplus

Curcumin

Omega3 

Kelp

Afternoon:

Blended fruit and veggies

Omega3

Kelp

Night:

Chery Tart Concentrate

Vit C

D3

• Like 3

What kind of natural iron supplements where do you order them from. 

I found them on Amazon.com they are called:

"Solgar Gentle Iron 25 MG (IRON BISGLYCINATE) 180 Vegetable Capsules". I take two a week so I don't constipate. I like them so far, they don't hurt my stomach like other iron brands.

Topofthemorning, it sounds like your doing great! Thanks for sharing everything your taking, I'm really into holistic/natural ways for healing and being healthy and supplements. I take a shit load every day and I drank a Shakeology protein shake everyday too, it's my healthiest meal of the day!

I take a Suntheanine L-theanine and 0.3mg plant melatonin (from Whole Foods, the brand name is Herbatonin) and this helps me fall asleep, if I don't take the melatonin, I'll be up all night.

Just did a sleep study ya'll, have yet to find out the results! 

• Like 1

AlwaysAwesome,

I love Shakeology and Beachbody. It's not for everyone, some people hate it. My favorite flavor is Vanilla, I mix it with ice, water, a banana and 2 teaspoons of extra protein Almond butter and it is so good! I've been drinking it for about 6 months now. My best friend is a coach and I became a coach just to get the discount for the shakes. It is a little pricey though, that is really the only downfall, in my opinion.

I just finished Beachbody "21 day fix" Tuesday and gonna start another round tomorrow! I have lost almost 10lb already! I am really enjoying the meal plan and workouts. Just a 30min workout DVD everyday. Never have I been able to follow any fad diet or anything like that but this is more of a way of life, lifestyle change... you learn to workout, eat clean and correct portion control. Honestly, the 21 day fix is a game changer and I highly recommend it and this program! I have never felt so good and I'm seriously only craving healthy foods now, like salad and carrots! If your really into it, talk to your friend about it and search the internet... read the "21 day fix" reviews and go on YouTube and watch Autumn Calabrese 21 day fix videos. She is the creator of the program, I love her, she is amazing and so inspiring!

If you do the "21 day fix" you are added to a FB group with a bunch of other people doing it too and it's super helpful. I'm currently in a group with over 3,000 other people doing it, they all started their 2nd round Monday and I'm starting mine tomorrow. Everyone posts helpful tips and recipes and such! Since doing the workouts, I've never felt so strong and powerful and I honestly seeing my body changing, getting tighter and starting to reshape itself. I'm really enjoying the process!

• Like 1

Topofthemorning, it sounds like your doing great! Thanks for sharing everything your taking, I'm really into holistic/natural ways for healing and being healthy and supplements. I take a shit load every day and I drank a Shakeology protein shake everyday too, it's my healthiest meal of the day!

I take a Suntheanine L-theanine and 0.3mg plant melatonin (from Whole Foods, the brand name is Herbatonin) and this helps me fall asleep, if I don't take the melatonin, I'll be up all night.

Just did a sleep study ya'll, have yet to find out the results! 

I also take Melatonin. It's so helpful!

I want to start incorporating maca powder into my life, I have heard great things about it and it's many health benefits, including energy, concentration and mood balance. 

I've heard about this stuff today too and still need to go look it up. I heard of the energy! I wonder if it will energize without keeping you awake?