QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Story #2. The one that was written for me.

BeverlyM

So, I already posted what my story is NOW, but not so much how I got here. I mention it occasionally, but I remember so much of it in detail that I just wound up postin it as a comment when I saw someone asking ab the effects on children in the long run. Hell, the whole race is screwed, really. Then I saw another post ab kids and I decided I'd post my Story #2. The one that was written for me.

I was diagnosed with ADD in 3rd or 4th grade. Not sure which, but I remember the first day I took Adderall. It was the day we took the practice ITBS test. And by we, I mean the rest of my tiny classmates BC I puked for HOURS runnin bad and forth from the bathroom to the room tryin to get my test done in time. I remember it vividly.

I remember the first time I realized it made me feel "good". My mom was drivin me to school and I said "I usually really don't wanna go to band, but today I'm really excited ab it" my mom literally said "its because you took your medicine"

It made me feel like I was doin somethin right, bein a good kid BECAUSE it made me feel good. Like it chose me or somethin. I was 8/9 years old at that point.

I got to ab 10th grade and I still had the same thought process ab it as I did when I was 9, up until one of my buddies says hell give me 10$ for one.

I was like, whaaa? So I start experimenting. I wind up puttin myself on a schedule where I only take it on the days I work BC it was "fun" to stock every shelf in the grocery store. Quit takin it when I didn't work. Started failin all my classes. In fact, I rarely went to classes. And this is still in highschool, in ab 11th grade at the end of the year is when I knew I had a problem. But there's no way I could have known the extent of how bad it was. I was a 16 year old girl, that had been addicted to, and dependant on amphetamines for 8 years already. So even if I wanted to quit then ( which OBVIOUSLY I didn't bc I'm being told this is a great thing by my mom and I feel great when I take it ) I wouldn't have been able to.

Then that lead up to late nights, leading to A LOT of alcohol to kill the buzz and sleep a few hours. Soon enough in also an alcoholic, dropped out if college, haven't been able to hold a job since... And the whole damn time thinkin ab how it had taken over my life and for some reason, thinkin ab the car ride with my mom to school, when i finally made her proud.

And now here I am. Do NOT give your damn kids Adderall. Unless you wanna ruin their life and know they question every time someone shows a positive feeling towards them, BC they will at some point HATE YOU, trusting nobody, and its gonna be your fault. And by "you" and "your" I just mean everybody. Don't do it. Please