QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Netflix Ideas?

BeverlyM

I'm havin the worst anxiety ever, and I guess its just ADD too, but I can't sit and watch a whole movie. I need ideas for tv series to binge watch that I can get really into and forget that I don't see the point in it.

That nihilism crap is stickin with me pretty bad, but I've only been off Adderall for a few days now, so maybe it won't stay forever.

I love weird crap, like warehouse 13, and Roswell. I watched Scandal recently and it was REALLY good even tho I don't usually like political themed anything. I love spy shows, like CIA stuff. Not FBI stuff, like the crime scene whatever thing is the same thing over and over. But CIA stuff, like the show Chuck. I love it. Anything like these things. Ima quit talkin BC my ADD brain is super intense right now. Ugh.

Shows I really enjoyed on (Canadian) Netflix:

House of Cards

Boss*
Hemlock Grove

The Fall

Camelot

Dexter

The 100*

Arrested Development

The Office*

Downtown Abbey

Once upon a time

Community*

Marco Polo*

Derek*

Rescue Me

Trailer Park Boys

Breaking Bad*

Orange is the new Black*

* - my personal favorites

Some of these aren't available in the US (though the US selection is far superior if you ask me).

Checkout this addon if you want to access other regions (I'm amazed at what Mexico has!)

http://hola.org/

• Like 2

Shows I really enjoyed on (Canadian) Netflix:

House of Cards

Boss*

Hemlock Grove

The Fall

Camelot

Dexter

The 100*

Arrested Development

The Office*

Downtown Abbey

Once upon a time

Community*

Marco Polo*

Derek*

Rescue Me

Trailer Park Boys

Breaking Bad*

* - my personal favorites

Some of these aren't available in the US (though the US selection is far superior if you ask me).

Checkout this addon if you want to access other regions (I'm amazed at what Mexico has!)

http://hola.org/

wow this was pretty close to my recovery list. I would add The West Wing, Prison-break (season 1 -2) , Orange is the new Black, Daredevil and this doesn't cover the stuff I downloaded. 

• Like 1

I heard Marco Polo is great! I also hear turn, prison break, and sons of anarchy are great.

I hear scandal is really good.

I also heard great things about peaky blinders and black mirror

My favorite Netflix show is a tie between Hoise of cards and breaking bad..I like Hoise of cards almost as much as game of thrones.

Blacklist is a great show, the one I'm watching now

I'm going to start watching daredevil when I get round to it

• 2 weeks later...

Someone I know who has a blog on tv shows gave me this binge list. Check these out. I'm not sure which ones are on Netflix specifically but it looks like a good list!

Breaking Bad

Chosen (Crackle)

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Dexter

Downton Abbey

Everwood

Freaks and Geeks

Friday Night Lights

Game of Thrones

The Good Wife

Homeland

House of Cards

Mad Men

Masters of Sex

Orange is the New Black

Orphan Black

Parenthood

Scandal

Sons of Anarchy

Strike Back

The Sopranos

Weeds

West Wing

The Wire

• Like 1

Grace and Frankie - hilarious new Netflix show (it's not a chick show, my husband loved it)

Really? That good? I know they ordered a second season. I've tried to get into other Netflix shows..hemlock grove (horrible) I can't get into Marco Polo or daredevil after repeated attempts. I'm binge watching criminal minds...whenever I can't find anything to watch I go back to that show...

Right now my new show is WayWard Pines..really suspenseful mystery story about a man living in a town he cannot escape.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite netflix series starting with Crime dramas -

Wentworth - an Aussie version of Orange is the New Black but darker and more dramatic ( I liked it better).

The Killing -   A seattle Crime Drama with great plot and acting.

The Fall - A very good crime drama set in Northern Ireland.

Rectify - Very good - about a guy that gets out of prison since age 15 for a murder he didn't commit. Good acting, very philosophical and nicely filmed.

Bloodline - Extremely good. About a family in Florida with its secrets.

Broadchurch - a UK crime drama that has a surprising ending. Loved it.

Wallander - can't remember much about this other than I liked it. I may need to watch it again.

Happy Valley - a British crime drama involving a female cop after a man who killed her daughter. Very good.

Appropriate Adult - Based on the true story of a woman who took a volunteer position dealing with real life UK serial killer, Fred West. Very good.

Top Of The Lake - Very good and has Holly Hunter in it. About a young girl who goes missing. Funny dialog in parts and intelligent and gritty.

The Code - A political thriller crime drama based in Austrailia. Very well acted and suspensful.

Southcliff - only four episodes but a good one about someone who returns to his home town to search for answers as to someone he knew who was a spree killer.

Secrets And Lies - A neighbor's little boy turns up dead and the next door nieghbor is accused. All kinds of things break out

around this and the end is quite surprising. I think only one season.

Other good ones not crime related, but more easy to watch and either funny and/or feel good :

The Riches - Hysterical and better than Weeds, though kind of like it. Suspenseful too in ways and smart.

Life Unexpected - Set in Portland about a young couple who are not married who have a long-ago, given up for adoption

teen come back into their lives.

Army Wives - Funny and touching. I binge-watched this while very sick with a flu that last almost two weeks.

United States of Tara - This was awesomely funny and unique, being that it's about a woman with DID (dissociative identity disorder - what they used to call multiple personality disorder) and how her family deals with her alternates. It is also very real as you would imagine having to live with this would be.

Reckless - A lovely courtroom drama/romance series set in Charleston, SC.

The L.A. Complex - about young people trying to make it in Los Angeles as actors. I enjoyed this being from Los Angeles. It kept my attention.

The Fosters - A great series about a lesbian couple who fosters children.

Saving Grace - With Holly Hunter. An angel offers a jaded Oklahoma City police detective the chance to redeem her life.

Hemlock Grove - My god this is good - a horror/fantasy/drama sort of thing.

American Horror Story - is also very good. I loved the first season, especially.

The Guardian. I really got hooked on this one. About a young lawyer who

gets in trouble with drugs and alcohol and is sentences to many hours of volunteer work as a guardian ad litem for children in trouble in their homes.

The Tudors - so awesome.

• Like 1