QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Before I Tell My Story I Have an Important Question to Ask

In my experience, when Ive tried to go back to my reg dose, i wind up still searching for that high that i had before, and when i take it like I'm supposed to and don't find it, i take more whether i whole heartedly want to be normal again or not. Good luck buddy.

• Like 2

I think we've all been there.  I spent years trying to recapture the "honeymoon phase", the time where adderall seems to solve all your problems and you can keep it under control.  If it were possible to go back to this stage most of us wouldn't be in this situation.

Don't be too disappointed; life is way better without it anyway!

the whole lets type a story and pretend we're recovered is something that is only the case for the dependents, not the addicted.

So true.  I was well past dependent, and viciously addicted by the time I first posted here.  I only lasted a few days and went right back to it.  I lurked on these forums for 8 months before finally reaching out for help at home.

This site helps me stay positive and hopeful when things suck.  But reaching out for help locally in person was totally necessary for a lasting quit.

I posted the same response on another thread, but thought maybe it would be more relevant to the question you are asking.

One of the things that has helped me the most with overcoming my addictions (abused alcohol/drugs as well) was to simply ask myself the question, "Are the risks of trying to moderate worth the consequences?"  By stopping everything entirely I risk nothing and guarantee success.  It's just simply a heck of a lot easier to turn the switch off and no longer have to worry about it.

• Like 1